2009 Nissan Rogue miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Rogue:

2009 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Aug 242016

I have a 2009 Nissan Rogue. I have had this vehicle since 2012 and it just came to my attention, while I was in park, in my driveway when my 6 yr old was asking my about what the letters next to the gear shifter meant when he grabbed the shifter, engaged the button and pulled it down into reverse without me applying the break. I thought to myself, it should not have done that. I thought maybe I had a recall on my vehicle that I might not have known about, so I looked it up and there was nothing for my vehicle. However for the 2015 models, some of them did have a recall for a rollaway problem. I called my dealer and asked them about my problem and they told me that because there was no recall on my vehicle there was nothing they could do about the problem unless I wanted to pay for a diagnostic and for them to find out what the problem was. I looked up this problem and it is around a $700 fix. If there was a recall on the 2015 models there could be a possiblitiy that my vehicle could have the same problem.

- Ellenwood, GA, USA

Dec 052015

Outside latches failed simultaneously car was parked winter day 25 degrees F (car was stored outside all evening and driven). Passenger could not get out. I got out and went to unlock door and no luck, tried key and no luck. Went to drivers side door and could not get in. Had to enter the vehicle from the rear doors. Vehicle had history of this being replaced, but as a second used car owner was not told of problem and Nissan says because I was not considered a loyal customer and that the doors were no longer under warranty.

- West Dover, VT, USA

Jun 212015

While driving on a highway using speed control at 70 mph my car suddenly kicked out of speed control and decelerated 20 mph. My car then refused to accelerate over 60 mph. The outside temperature was above 90 degrees and I had been driving for 5 and a half hours with 2 brief stops. No lights came on, and the car did not indicate it was overheating. I brought the car to my normal repair person and they informed me that it was my transmission. I brought the car to the Nissan dealership because it was still under warranty. They had a service bulletin that matched my exact issue and complaint. However, they could not reproduce the issue so I was not eligible for a new transmission. They told me it was the temperature of the fluid in my transmission and a new transmission would not solve that problem. They flushed my transmission and checked my fluid levels. They suggested if it happens again I purchase a part that is added to the transmission to cool down the transmission fluid at my own expense. They also stated that many other Rogues drivers have had this issue and suggested I contact Nissan.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Jul 122015

I recentley took my car into the shop becuase my sunroof was off aligned but the guy pressed some button to try and reset it himself instead of sending it into the shop to have it inspected the right way. So I needed to travel out of town for an family emergency and while on the highway my sunroof exploded while riding on the highway. I feel like if he would have went about it the right way when I brought it in all of this would of have been avoided.

- Orlando, FL, USA

May 062015

I have a Nissan Rogue S 2009, I have a banging noise from underneath the floor boards. I was made check by a mechanic and he said is the drive shaft and U joint is completely covered is rust with the drive shaft and can broke in any moment and the I have to repair not only that other parts too like the transmission, directional and so on. I went to the Nissan dealer part service and the person who work there he said that part is very expensive and for the low of mileage shouldn't happened. Is very expensive to replace is a fault of Nissan on a bad parts that they install on my truck. They need to make a recall and fix this big problem in the same way they charge for the truck and we paid, they need to replace at not cost is there responsibility for use bad parts and this is urgent I don't wants my mother, my nephew (3 Y) and my nice (2 Y) get into an accident and myself please help me this is urgent to bring my car for repair.

- Shrub Oak, NY, USA

May 172015

While driving a highway on 65 mph sudden loss of acceleration occurs. Pressing the acceleration pedal does not make any effect on a car speed. RPM falls to 1-2K and did not goes up. Was able to pull over and stop. After 15 minutes with the engine turned off, problem disappears. This happened for the third time, as a previously, it occurs after a long drive (more than 3 hours) or on a high speed (more than 75 mph). It is a safety concern when a car decelerated from 65 to 30 mph on a highway.

- Golden, CO, USA

Jan 032011

I take my car a lot of times to the dealer for the tires light sensor they turn it off and ass soon I drive the car the light comes out again that happened like 5 times till they say the car has a recall......

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 072010

I purchased a 2009 Nissan Rogue. Approximately 3 weeks ago (1/7/10) the drivers side door handle broke. I was unable to enter my vehicle through the drivers side. The door opens from the inside, but I can't open the vehicle from the outside. I went to kingston Nissan, in kingston, NY 12401 and advised them of the problem. A mechanic looked at my vehicle and advised me that a new handle was needed. I thought this type of part could be easily fixed, but I was wrong. As of today, (1/28/10) my vehicle has not been fixed. Kingston Nissan service department advised me that they can not find a replacement part and that the part(s) are coming from Japan and would arrive until February 7th, 2010. I must wait over a month to get my vehicle fixed. In the meantime, the only way to access my vehicle is by using the passenger side door and climb over the seats. If I were physically unable to climb over the seats, I would not be able to operate my vehicle. Fortunately, I am able, but if a person was not, they would either have to rent a vehicle or use some other means of transportation. I find this problem inexcusable. A simple door handle part must be sent from Japan to fix this problem. Please assist me in finding a better solution. Also, I have recently received several recalls on my vehicle. I feel that Nissan is providing inadequate service to its customers and maybe supplying inadequate vehicles and potentially unsafe vehicles to the american public. Thank you for your time. Tw*

- Saugerties, NY, USA