2009 Nissan Rogue seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Rogue:

2009 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 132016

Rogue

Light suddenly came on indicating that passenger side airbag was off when someone was sitting there. (no accident or bumps to car caused this-just came on one morning.) took to dealer said it was a sensor but they would have to replace the entire seat pad for $2000! said airbags will not function for passenger seat-it is not safe to ride there.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Jan 012016

Rogue

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the front passenger side air bag light flashed on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle was operating normally and could not be repaired. The contact took the vehicle to another dealer and was informed that a diagnostic test was needed. No repairs were made to the vehicle. The failure mileage was 77,400.

- Palm Beach Florida, FL, USA

May 112016

Rogue

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated continuously. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated that the passenger seat sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 110,000.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Jan 032013

Rogue

The electrical unit that controls the passenger air bag, located in the right passenger seat, has been found to be in nonworking order by the dealer and dealer claims there is no active recall regarding that malfunction. For the dealer to replace said part would cost the owner $2000.

- Aiea, HI, USA

May 012016

Rogue

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the supplemental restraint system warning light illuminated and blinking on the instrument panel. The contact also stated that the passenger's side air bag warning light was also illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the passenger's side frontal occupation sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 63,000.

- Englewood, FL, USA

Dec 112015

Rogue

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Rogue. While driving various speeds, the air bag warning indicator illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the occupant restraint sensor failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Henrico, VA, USA

Apr 042016

Rogue

" takata recall"-my passenger air bag light went on and then the airbag light on the dashboard. I went to the dealer and they charged me to tell me I have defective airbags. I was told they are not under any warranty or recall. I juts bought the car used from Nissan in Feb 2015. They are saying I have to start with replacing my passenger seat and that will be$1,900 and there is no guarantee that the repair will stop there. I was told that none of the airbags will function until this is repaired.

- Baiting Hollow, NY, USA

Feb 222016

Rogue

Faulty ocuppant seat sensor in the passenger front seat. The airbag will not deploy in a collision.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Feb 132016

Rogue

Passenger air bag sensor has failed. Air bag light blinks. Sensor is in seat. Cvt transmissions fail without warning. Research indicates this occurs at highway speeds and causes a hazard in traveled lanes.

- Clarendon Springs, VT, USA

Dec 072015

Rogue

After removing a briefcase from the passenger front seat, the airbag light on the dashboard stays on (flashes). It never goes off when the car is stationary or in motion.

- Bala Cynwyd, PA, USA

Oct 052015

Rogue

The passenger air bag sensor light is flashing. The Nissan dealership determined that the airbag sensor is not working and would require a new sensor which cost $2500 to replace. I was told that in the case of an accident the airbag may or may not deploy.

- Kaneohe, HI, USA

Sep 192015

Rogue

The passenger side air bag light will not turn off when a passenger is in the seat. The dash board air bag indicator also stays on.

- Bacliff, TX, USA

Sep 192015

- Bacliff, TX, USA

Jun 102015

Rogue

My air bag light continues to blink indicating something wrong with my passenger side air bag. I was told that due to this problem, the passenger seat needed to be replaced. An expensive repair. Recall reference #ntb08-095C specifically addresses this problem. However, my vehicle was is included in the recall. I feel that my Nissan Rogue 2009 ( produced in Jan 2009) and the air bag manufactured by takata, should be included in the recall and repaired. This is a problem, with numerous people also posting about it. Thanks in advance for your attention to this matter.

- Fenton, MO, USA

Mar 162015

Rogue

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Rogue. While driving at 55 mph, the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the front passenger side air bag control assembly needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 77,978. Updated 09/18/15

- Hamilton, VA, USA

Mar 192015

Rogue

My air bag light continued to blink indicating something wrong with my passenger side air bag. I was told that due to this problem, the passenger seat needed to be replaced. An expensive repair. Recall reference #ntb08-095C specifically addresses this problem. However, my vehicle was not included in the recall. I feel that my Nissan Rogue 2009 ( produced in Nov. 2008) and the air bag manufactured by takata, should be included in the recall and repaired. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

- Hamilton, VA, USA

Apr 132015

Rogue 4-cyl

The passenger airbag indicates "off" even when an adult is sitting in the passenger seat. Airbag warning light constantly flashing in dash. This problem seems to be a common one in this model year vehicle and should be repaired under safety recall through the dealership. It would be a very sad day when someone has an accident / crash and the passenger airbag does not deploy, potentially causing injury or even death!

- Fort Pierce, FL, USA

Jun 182014

Rogue

My 2009 Nissan Rogue has never been in an accident. Out of nowhere my passenger airbag light started to flash, I brought it in to my local mechanic who said that it was the airbag sensor underneath the passenger seat and that he was unable to do anything about it as it takes certain programming to make the airbags work appropriately. I then brought my car in to a Nissan dealer where they told me it would be $200 to hook their machine us to read the code to even begin the diagnostic process I've been told them that this is reported on line time after time again specifically on the 2008 and 2009 models and I don't feel I should have to pay for them to hook up a machine to read the diagnostic code in which I had in my hand. After doing more research online I have had numbers between $300 and $2,000 be quoted for this part to fix the issue and according to most of the people that have said they paid to have it fixed at some point they came back and reissued new complaints on the same form that it does happen over and over again. How is Nissan not fixing an issue that makes their airbags disfunctional and not deploy? I guess it takes some death and a lawsuit before it will get done.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Dec 152014

Rogue 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the driver and passenger side air bag warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag senor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 17,000. Updated 5/12/15

- Muskogee, OK, USA

Mar 202014

Rogue 6-cyl

There was an accident that occurred with this car and the passenger airbag did not deploy, which could have caused a major injury to the passenger. I have noticed that this a know issue with the 2008 Nissan rouge. The airbag sensor in not working and this is extremely dangerous especially, since an accident occurred. Nissan should be responsible to fix this issue, since they know they had problems with this model the year before.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA