2010 Nissan Rogue electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Rogue:

2010 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

May 152015

The first time the incident happened I was exiting the expressway and after stopping at a red light the car started to make a weird noise. When trying to accelerate through the green light the car would not move for 15 seconds. I even tried slamming the gas pedal down. After that I would always hear a whining noise when driving on the expressway or a prolonged amount of time. When driving out of state to Tennessee the car started to decrease in speed on a hill and I was almost hit by a cop. Pulling over at a gas I let the car sit for 30 mins. I tried to renter the expressway and the car still would not move. After a while I was able to get back on the expressway. Once in Tennessee the car barely made it up the hills I had to time it just right. On the way back to ga the car began the issues again and while trying to pull off the car decreased in speed so quickly I was almost hit by a semi-truck. I have taken the car in for the electrical recall that did not help. The car has had two complete tune ups nor has not worked. I refuse to pay out of my pocket for another transmission; which has not aided others in this same situation. I have been dealing with this for a year. Everyday it's a guessing game if the car will ever get me to and from work safely.

- Fairburn, GA, USA

May 022016

As I was driving my car I see smoke entering from the dashboard, I knew than that my car will burst on fire. I parked on an empty parking right away and got out from the car and run as fast as I can. The car quickly caught on fire from the hood and by the time the fire fighters showed up the car was half way burned.

- Denver, CO, USA

Nov 292015

Vehicle would not start. Parked in driveway.called aaa. Battery was dead. While re-charging battery, noticed smoke in car. Unhooked battery charger and smoke became flame on drivers side floor board area below where fuse box is located. Fire extinguisher used by aaa worker to stop flame and burning.

- Amissville, VA, USA

Sep 082015

Rogue 4-cyl

2010 Nissan Rogue. Attorney representing consumer writes in regards to vehicle center console electrical fire.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Apr 032015

Driving to the beach, about two hours in on the interstate going 70+, I noticed the car lagged after I stopped on an exit when I tried to accelerate at the light. Didn't think much of it and went on to get food. Then another hour later I felt my speed suddenly dropping. I was going 80 on cruise control and then dropped down to 70, even though I was pushing the accelerator to the floor. Luckily I had time to pull over to an exit, I waited about 15 mins and the car seemed fine. About another 45 minutes later, I was driving and trying to merge on 1-95, the ramp is a big curve so I had to slow down to about 40 mph, when I went to accelerate to merge, the car would not accelerate. A tractor trailer almost slammed into the back but luckily I pulled off the road just in time. But the place I had to pull over was unsafe and made it difficult to merge on the interstate safely, but I had no choice of where to pull over because I was just trying to not get hit. This car is extremely unsafe and now my parents worry about my safety anytime I need to travel in this car for over 2 hours.

- Marietta , GA, USA

Apr 012015

Rogue 4-cyl

2010 Nissan Rogue. Consumer writes in regards to the wiring harness connector recall notice, driver seat slides back, engine service light and other vehicle issues. The consumer had difficulty getting the gear shift out of park and the vehicle had a jerking effect while driving. The consumer referenced recall # 15V032000.

- Corona, NY, USA

Mar 132015

The contact owned a 2010 Nissan Rogue. While driving 55 mph, other driver's alerted the contact that the vehicle was on fire. The contact discovered that there was smoke coming from the driver side of the vehicle. As a result, the vehicle became engulfed in flames and the contact had to exit the vehicle through a window. The fire department was able to extinguish the fire. A police report and a fire report were filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign number: 15V032000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 55,200.

- Oakland Gardens, NY, USA

Jan 012015

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while driving, the rear hatch unlatched independently. The failure occurred several times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 180,000.

- Lowell , MA, USA

Feb 042015

Rogue 4-cyl

On Feb 4, 2015 I was called by police dept that my car alarm was sounding I went out to car and tried to silence alarm with remote, but that did not work had to use key in remote to open tried to start did not start opened hood and disconnected wire to battery upon entering car smelled burnt wire and saw that the kick panel wiring harness connecter was all burnt up a big whole in top of dash, burnt and cracked window glass, things inside car burnt up. Called insurance company to report. On Feb 9 called Nissan and reported the representative told me someone would get back to me in 2 days today is the 2nd day and I have not heard anything yet. I am going to call them again today. If I had been in the car I would have been badly burnt or dead.

- Bellwood, IL, USA

Nov 172014

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan rouge. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to turn on. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the battery connector failed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 28,000.

- Fayetteville , NC, USA

Jul 242014

The vehicle hesitates while in reverse and also in drive when accelerating causing a delay within the traffic intersections and while driving on hills. Dealer was unable to find codes and unable to duplicate the problem. The problem is intermittent. It happens when engine is warm goes away after cooling down.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

May 282014

Rogue 4-cyl

I started my Rogue and left a driveway as I approached a stop sign about 2 miles ahead the car stalled. I was still in gear, the engine was off, and the check engine light was on. After stopping I was able to restart the car after a few tries. Then, for the next 2-4 miles it revved really high and seem to be in a recover mode and would not allow me to go over 40 mph. The service center can't replicate and claims that the oil was overfilled. There were some codes but they didn't feel those applies to the incident therefore this issue isn't warranted. This is a major safety concern for myself, my family, and other drivers on the road that Nissan refused to acknowledge or remedy. The fuel pump was replaced.

- Eastman, WI, USA

Feb 112014

Rogue 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while the vehicle was parked in a residential garage, smoke emitted from the passenger's side vents and the dash board became melted. The fire department was called and advised that the fire originated from an electrical failure. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the contact was awaiting further inspection of the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 45,000.

- Southfield, MI, USA

Aug 112013

My car was parked in the driveway. I had arrived home at 3:30pm on a Saturday. The next morning at 10:00am, I went to my car to find that something had exploded inside. There had been a significant amount of fire damage to the front passenger's side, including the glove compartment, the dash, and the location of the airbag. My best guess as to what happened is that the airbag exploded (not deployed), causing a fire, which damaged the electrical system, and caused a lot of cosmetic damage. There is no evidence of the airbag, other than some springs, it does not look like it simply deployed. The insurance company has deemed it a total loss. I feel that this is something that Nissan should cover, not me or my insurance company. But I cannot determine what actually happened or how to pursue legal action against them. Thankfully, no one was injured. I have no idea why the dire was self-contained, and the entire car didn't explode.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jun 062013

Rogue 4-cyl

I took a trip to Chicago going through the mountains in Tennessee. As I was going up the mountain my 2010 Nissan Rogue begin to slow down, disengage from my cruise control no matter how hard I press the petal my car would not go any faster. This occurs through out the trip to Chicago and later to North Carolina. Before taking the trips I had my ctv light come on and the car would almost cut off or stall when I came to a stop. I took that in to my Nissan person who fix that problem but could not fix my new problem but referred me to my dealer. He stated that Nissan was having problems with the cvt transmission and had extended the warranty up to $120,000. I have taken the car in to the dealers but they would only drive it around the block, no light would come, no code to fix. Please refer to the information provided by concerning the cvt transmission problems with the Nissan 2010 rouge. There are two service bulletin that show this problem only occurs on long distance travel. Unfortunately, Nissan recommend that I continue to drive the car putting my life and family at danger until the problem occurs, only if there is a light come on then bring it in to them to fix. This is a huge safety issue, they do not want to fix the problem because the problem is the cvt new transmission. I am suppose to continue to drive and make my monthly payment even though there is a serious defect with this car. I want Nissan to purchase back this car at fair market value and I would like to see my government recall these cars before someone dies.

- Cummings , GA, USA

Jun 272013

Rogue 4-cyl

I have had to replace the stop light switch in the computerized engine of my Rogue. The car would not accelerate in a normal time frame from 0-15 miles per hour, 6-7 seconds to respond. It would not maintain speeds over 60 miles an hour, slowing down without any control over it. It would not respond properly when I pushed the accelerator. This was very dangerous as I impeded traffic and could not function as needed in high traffic and highway settings. As I research, I see this has been a common complaint for several years.

- Lawrence, KS, USA

Oct 312012

Last year, car wouldn't start so battery was replaced. Recently, event occurred again and brought it in to the shop. They stated that there is a computer glitch that is keeping " something on" when the car is off.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Aug 012012

Rogue 4-cyl

While parking the vehicle the smell smoke was emanating. At once the hood popped opened and fire ensued from the drivers side near the headlights fire was beginning to spread. Fortunately a good samaritan neighbor went to one of the nearby establishments and obtained a fire extinguisher and put out the fire.

- Rosedale, NY, USA

Jul 272012

2010 Rogue has repeated problems with acceleration. Specifically from a stopped position. And when on a hill, if you are stopped, it won't accelerate at all, even when pushing driving pedal all the way down to the floor. On top of this, it now will not hold a cruise with cruise control on the interstate. Extremely dangerous when attempting to turn left from a stopped position without a green arrow. This is apparently, according to complaints, a very common problem, and there needs to be a recall. Have called dealership three times to schedule service and tell them about this major problem only to be told I would get a call back with no call-back. Am showing up tomorrow with my car insisting on an answer.

- Birmingham, AL, USA