2.4

2011 Nissan Rogue drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Rogue:

2011 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Jan 102016

Rogue

My 2011 Nissan rouge started decelerating about 6 months ago when I had approx. 81,000 miles. I was driving on interstate 95 doing 70 mph when the power suddenly decreased and the car began to shake and making banging noise. Fortunately I was near a shoulder and could pull over. As days went on this occurred more and more frequently until it happened each time I attempted to drive over 40. I am now forced to take back roads wherever I go so I don't risk causing/being in an accident. The car is unsafe and I'm on borrowed time before the transmission goes completely. I can't afford to replace the transmission right now and I need to get to work. I started researching the problem and come to find that this is a known, dangerous defect by Nissan. I'm upset and extremely disappointed that the car maker hasn't recalled the affected cars and fixed them. It's only a matter of time before someone is killed.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Apr 212016

Rogue

After driving the car for a couple of hours continuously, especially on the highway, the transmission bogs down and the car will barely go. Nissan has a tsb out on this issue for several of their models that have the cvt transmission. My Rogue has 120,000 miles on it and I'm on my third transmission due to this problem.

- Rowlett, TX, USA

Apr 122016

Rogue

I am beyond upset and down right frustrated with Nissan. Both of the Nissan I have owned have had the transmissions go out in them. One at 120,000 miles and the other at under 85,000. This is a safety hazard and could potentially kill someone! I just had a used transmission with 22,000 put in and the same damn issue is happening. I owe over 10K on my vehicle and am going to have the hardest time selling this. Frankly, I feel guilty selling this to anyone. I have been jipped along with countless others from what I have read online. The car will not accelerate in reverse and in drive when the pedal is pressed all the way to the floor. The slip light will come on and make an awful whining/grinding sound. This car needs to be recalled and off all roads before it injures or kills more people!

- Denver, CO, USA

Mar 012016

Rogue

Brought car to mechanic because car was making grinding noise. After checking, mechanic found cvt transmission failing. Car is only at 35000 miles. Not cover by warranty because I had the car pass 60 months. Apparently this is a issue with cvt transmission with previous Rogue. Warranty was extended for models up to 2010. Not 2011 model, even though is the same exact car.

- New York, NY, USA

Jan 292016

Rogue

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan rouge. While driving approximately 50 mph, the vehicle jerked and completely lost power in the middle of the road. There was no warning indicator. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who diagnosed and recommended a new transmission. The contact decided to tow the vehicle to a local dealer who diagnosed and replaced the transmission. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that the vehicle was not included in a recall and was out of warranty. The transmission was replaced. The contact stated that the failure recurred two days later and the vehicle was towed back to the local dealer; however, the technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The failure mileage was 62,000.

- North Salem, NY, USA

Feb 012016

Rogue

Car will not accelerate, the rpms race but the car will not accelerate properly. It is very dangerous when driving in traffic.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Dec 312015

Rogue

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Rogue. While reversing at a low speed, the vehicle jerked and hesitated before moving backwards. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who stated that the continuously variable transmission (cvt) was damaged and diagnosed that the transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 72,000.

- Chalfont, PA, USA

Jan 012016

Rogue

I was on the highway and my vehicle would not accelerate. Had it towed to Nissan said it was the transmission

- Port Richey, FL, USA

Sep 222015

Rogue

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Rogue. While driving at approximately 75 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled. After twenty minutes, the vehicle was restarted and operated as normal but the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that failure was caused by the transmission fluid over heating and a second cvt cooler kit would need to be installed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 98,000.

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Apr 032013

Rogue

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Rogue. While driving at 70 mph, the vehicle lost power and failed to accelerate. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. However, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 82,000.

- Apple Vale, CA, USA

Oct 072015

Rogue

The car suddenly began to shudder when trying to accelerate after a stop in a parking lot. This came out of nowhere. Within eight hours the problem became so pronounced that the car had a very difficult time getting into gear and moving forward after coming to a stop. The car shuddered violently trying to get up to highway speed. By the time I got it to the dealer I was informed that the transmission "was shot"

- Goshen, NY, USA

Jun 302014

Rogue

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while driving at 40 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was unable to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. However, the contact was unsure about what needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Babylon , NY, USA

Aug 232014

Rogue

On July 23, 2015, I was driving home at 35 miles per hour and suddenly my vehicle stalled lights flashed on dash board. I turned everything off and attempted to restart it and only heard a trembling noise and clicking of the dashboard. In 1 hour I was able to start the car after getting it jumped. Battery was tested by dealer on July 22,2015 right before I purchased my Rogue 2011( used). Second incident happened in parking lot of a store where I parked to shop on July 31st,2015. I was unable to restart my vehicle until it got jumped again. This vehicle passed all inspections at the dealer and should have no problems with battery, however it is appearing that ipdm is faulty and could cause a crash and even death of my family anytime this happens again while I'm driving this vehicle. Please start recall so no one dies due to this problem!

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Dec 232013

Rogue

I purchased my 2011 Nissan Rogue in 2011 brand new. In Dec 2013, as I would drive to/from work I felt the car was trying to lower its speed while I kept my foot on the gas pedal. It caused me to slow up traffic. Then the car would not let me go higher than 20 mph. I did not know what to of this and took it to a mechanic, they advised me it was the transmission that I would need a new one. So I contact my Nissan deal and they fixed it. Now July 2015, less than 2 years later with a new transmission at 60,000 miles the power train got worse. As I was driving up a hill there was a red traffic light so I stopped my vehicle. Once the light turned green I let go of the gas pedal and pressed on the gas pedal and it did not move. There were a lot of cars behind me and luckily my car did not start to backwards. But I was extremely nervous and felt this defect will be the cause of my first accident. This is extremely dangerous and it should be recalled. When I had my Honda it never did this to me and I put on it 100,000 miles. Please help!!!

- Newark, NJ, USA

Jul 042015

Rogue

Was driving at high speed on the interstate with cruise engaged. Cruise would abruptly disengage causing the speed to fall rapidly, and accelerator would cease to work with gas pedal pushed to the floor. Would also decrease speed when climbing hills. Near collision took place and this is my family car in which I always have two young children with me. This happened on more then one occasion and would result in my having to pull off to the side of the road to turn the car off and reset the vehicle. This problem is going to get someone hurt or killed. Problem persisted and left me stranded in an intersection as well. Dealer says it's the trans cooler failing to keep the transmission from overheating and needs to be replaced. Repair will cost between $1100 and $1300. Called Consumer Affairs at Nissan and they have decided it's normal wear and tear on the vehicle that has caused this. This vehicle was purchased brand new four years ago and only has 72,000 miles. That response is unacceptable. Had I know the tranny would fail within that time I never would have purchased this vehicle. My recommendation, do not buy a Nissan. They do not stand behind their product. All models of Rogue before this had their cvt warranties doubled to 120,000 miles because of this problem so why not the 2011? it's the same exact problem! extremely unhappy and will be fighting this. I will be contacting the BBB and my lawyer. If you're having this problem then file a complaint. These vehicles should be recalled. I will never buy another Nissan again, and will boycott them till the end of time. Poor vehicle, poor service, poor response to consumer's. steer clear if you're smart!

- Springville, AL, USA

Jun 152015

Rogue

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Rogue. While driving at speeds over 60 mph, the vehicle suddenly jerked before decelerating to approximately 40 mph. When the failure occurred, the speed would not exceed 40 mph. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the transmission failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 110,000.

- Valdosta, GA, USA

Apr 292015

Rogue

I was driving at about 80 mph on a toll road and the car lost power to about 50-60 mph and the motor was like in limp mode for about 25 miles. I stopped for about 10 minutes and when I started driving again it was fine. Since then this happens about every couple weeks. Dealer says I need a transmission cooler which cost almost $1100. This car has less than 80,000 miles I don't understand why it would need a cooler unless it is defective.

- Bryan, TX, USA

Jun 052015

Rogue 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph and up a steep hill, the vehicle's speed began to decrease and there was a burning odor without warning. The failure recurred each time the vehicle was driven up a steep hill. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic and was diagnosed that the transmission had failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission had failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 64,500. Updated 09/18/15 the consumer stated the manufacturer provided a $500 credit toward the vehicle being repaired. Updated 3/23/2016

- Rockville, MD, USA

Aug 292014

Rogue

Twice now, last August 2014 and June 2015, traveling on highway with cruise control on around 70 mph, vehicle decelerates on its own. Gas pedal to the floor, but still losing speed. Had to get to next exit and turn vehicle off for few minutes before proceeding. Second time it happened, took to Nissan dealer. Could not replicate problem but recommended a transmission cooling unit be installed at cost of about $1300, with no guarantee this will fix problem. Mileage first time it happened was 58,600. Second time around 74,000 miles. Nissan cvt warranty extension does not include 2011 models. Ends with 2010 vehicles, although this vehicle is experiencing same problem as previous years models.

- Bristow, VA, USA

May 292015

Rogue

Car did not respond to gas pedal, was on I90 trying to go 60mph with the gas pedal floored and the car was going 20mph. I pulled of the road the engine light went on, when I brought it in it said" torque converter clutch circut intermittent. Apparently so many cars have this problem that the part is on "parts restriction" from Nissan because the shops can't keep them in stock because so many cars need this part replaced.

- Chicopee, MA, USA