8.7

2011 Nissan Rogue lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Rogue:

2011 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Apr 052011

Rogue 4-cyl

Since April of 2011 (vehicle was 4 months old) I have had my car into Nissan for auto lights not functioning (not shutting off when in daylight), my ipod turns on when the audio is off and the electronic driver seat moves forward by itself. This has been reported and "serviced" more than 10 times already and each time it is "cannot reproduce although they see it happening. The last incident was Saturday, 12/14/12 when the setting on the dash changed by themselves and my trunk would not open with the ignition on. On Sunday morning, my car engine was locked and my smart key nor the regular key would unlock the steering column. I was out of state when it occurred and had to have it towed to a dealer in ct, I live in NY. Now they claim that all the above was caused by a undersized battery. They installed a 700amp in my car now standard battery that came with the car is 575 amp. What is wrong with this picture" how can they say this is the issue. How can they manufacture cars with undersized batteries and not have it on a recall or issues list anywhere" even the dealer in Connecticut was puzzled. I cannot say iof this is going to fix the problem, but I can tell you, I will not take this lying down. Nissan Consumer Affairs is totally useless and there is no consumer in this department, they are a waste of time. I filed two complaints 8 months apart regarding the same issues # 7274639 and 10257638. Both went unresolved and ignored., they keep claiming they are within their warranty guidelines. What guidelines - the vehicle is an obvious lemon. Not sure how to file for the lemon law or act on this as this car is unsafe and unreliable. Any help would be appreciated.

- Melville, NY, USA