1.8

2011 Nissan Rogue miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Rogue:

2011 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Sep 242016

Rogue

While driving on highway vehicle losses power and won't accelerate.without warning losse power, even with accelator pedal would barely move. After letting car sit, vehicle acts normal until it happens again. It is very dangerous and almost caused an accident. Just picture you and other cars driving over 60 on the expressway and your car randomly just stop and wont move. I see many owners of nissn Rogue experience the same problem. Can anything be done about this issue by the manyfacturer?

- Brookfield, WI, USA

Sep 042016

Rogue

The car lost power. I push on the accelator and nothing would happen. This usually happens when I have been driving around dor more than an hour. It was very scary. Lots of cars coming at me and I could not get my car to accelarate. After a few minutes it started to accelerate and it went back to normal. I have had this happen 4 times. Try calling Nissan but no answers. Nobody seems to know why my vehicle is doing this.

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 112016

Rogue

Cvt transmission failure with 72,000 miles. While driving on highway vehicle losses power and won't accelerate. It is very dangerous and almost caused an accident. After letting car sit and cool, vehicle acts normal until it happens again.

- Livingston, NJ, USA

Oct 162014

Rogue

Whenever you open the rear passenger door on the drivers side the trunk opens on its own, I found out about this because the light on the dashboard would turn on at first I couldn't understand why but soon discovered that the trunk door was open and it happen every time you open that specific rear passenger door on drivers side. It is unsafe because I do carry items in the back like groceries and such and if I wouldn't of found out about this someone behind me could have been hurt due to this.where I bought the vehicle I did let them know and they fixed it but not even a year has passed and it started to occur again I'm not sure if there is something wrong electronically or how these two doors are connected but it occurs every single time you open that specific door.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 192015

Rogue

I started my vehicle on the morning of the 19th and I did hear a strange noise coming from the front. It was the first time I had heard that noise before and had to take my 7 year old to an appointment. We got a few miles from our home and as we were going up a steep hill the car came to a complete stop in the middle of the roadway and would not go any further. This could have caused serious injury to myself or my child in the car as the car stopped and would not move. There were no warning signs or issues prior to this and the car is only 4 years old. I had the car taken to the closest mechanic and was told there are serious transmission problems. The mechanic suggested contacting the dealer to see if there was a recall but the dealer says there is no recall on this.

- Hunlock Creek, PA, USA

Jul 252015

Rogue

2011 Nissan Rogue slows and stops suddenly in traffic while driving at 50 mph in center lane. No warning. Would not accelerate or move. Transmission! thank god other cars swerved to avoid me and the 3 kids in the car were not hurt! it's going to take $4000 to replace the transmission. Nissan's extended warranty (10yrs or 120,000 miles) ended with their 2010 vehicles. It needs to be extended to 2011 vehicles or any with cvt transmission problems because they haven't fixed the problem! or Nissan needs to recall such vehicles. Prevent a loved one from dying!

- West Henrietta, NY, USA

Jul 252015

Rogue

My 2011 Nissan Rogue was new when I purchased it. On July 15, 2015, while driving at 50 mph, the car suddenly started vibrating violently with a loud noise and stopped suddenly in the middle of traffic without warning! I had 3 kids in the car and we could've been seriously hurt! I could shift it into gear but it wouldn't accelerate or move. A diagnostic discovered it's the transmission as suspected. I have 118K highway miles on it and have been getting regular and scheduled oil changes and maintenance. Nissan is aware of the problem since I made a claim to nissansupport. They would not acknowledge or take responsibility for the poor transmission problem and stated that it was beyond the warranty. What does it take for Nissan to take responsibility for endangering lives" the death of a wife, husband, mother, father, sister, brother...a child"

- West Henrietta , NY, USA

May 042014

Rogue

Going down the interstate at cruising speed, with speed control set, it would just drop off cruise control on it's own and speed decreased rapidly. Manual acceleration would also not work. I had to exit the interstate at very low speed. We allowed the Rogue to sit for about 10 minutes thinking that is was overheating as we had been on a road trip and were heading home. After turning it back on it was acting normal again. We didn't have any trouble withit again until the next summer when we took a road trip again. Since then it has happened several times so I knew that it couldn't be from the car overheating. I took it back to the dealership where they told me that there was a service bulletin concerning this issue, but the 2011 model was not covered. This is insane. I was told it would cost approximately $5,000 to repainr. This is a major safety concern. I have no idea how long this problem has existed becaues we had never taken in on a road trip until about 50,000 miles when it occurred. We took it to the dealership after the second incident at 62,000. They said they would have repaired it had we brought it in prior to 60,000 but since it was over they would cover nothing even though they admitted there are problems with many of thier transmissions!! they also said they would only replace or add a cooling fan but they would not try to repair it because that was not allowed by Nissan. They said Nissan will not even let them open it up. This is very wrong!

- Ogden, UT, USA