2012 Nissan Rogue engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Rogue:

2012 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Jul 012016

• 1,000,000 miles

Summary: While driving my 2012 Nissan Rogue my car began to slow down even while I was stepping on the acceleration. Rpms would soar up any time I stepped on the pedal so I pulled over to the side of the road, let the car cool for a few minutes then tried to start it up again and as I stepped on the pedal the car barely accelerated (just inched along), leaving me to call and have it towed back. The car was brought to the used car dealership, the next day I received a call that my transmission needs to be replaced. The car is only 3.5 years old (well taken care of) and even though it has 67,000 miles on it, a car as new as this one shouldn't be having transmission problems. I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs and after going back and forth with them a few times they decided they are not going to help me because the car is out of warranty, mind you back in 2003-2010 they put out an extended warranty program on all Nissan Rogues due to transmission problems, so they acknowledged the issue then I don't understand why they aren't acknowledging the issue now. I am still paying the car off and now I have paid $3,400 to have the trans fixed, that transmission lasted 12,500 miles before a 3rd transmission I was told needed to be replaced. After researching this I have found that the cvt transmissions in Nissan cars is not an uncommon problem, actually a very common issue. Well the 3rd transmission only lasted 4,990 miles. IżM told I need another transmission. #4 this is ridiculous. I have had the same issued with the car since it had 54,000 miles on it.

- Leander, TX, USA

May 292016

Transmission..acceralation slow down and stop on the highway...push over it over waited 20 mins and started again.I was traveling with three children in the car..taking my son back to college..we could of lost our life on the highway

- South Ozone Park, NY, USA

Mar 252016

Lost power 2X in past year. Once on city streets, even though gas pedal floored, car barely moved. Next on highway, had to cruise until could safely exit highway. Issue possibly with cvt transmission

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 142013

Start with fuel gauge read incorrectly, check engine light off and on vehicle start stalling with out warring, ari bag lihth always on and still on as of today ABS light came on and off fill like the truck is pull a load always oil leaks, A/C don't cool ect

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 022013

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 75 mph, the speed suddenly reduced to 55 mph and the vehicle failed to accelerate. On another occasion, while driving at 55 mph, the vehicle failed to accelerate, reduced in speed, and stalled. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure was unable to be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000. Updated 6/3/15

- Monroe, NC, USA

Sep 082014

Rogue 4-cyl

Cruise control blinking and unusable.

- Ellenville, NY, USA

Feb 132014

Rogue 4-cyl

Was driving North on interstate 75, atlanta, ga, when the front left tire certainly blew causing me to loose control of car and rear-ending the car in front of me. My car was a total loss as well as the auto I hit. Purchased this auto on June 25, 2013 with 8,283 miles. Noticed in July that the tire pressure warning light would come on and stay on for a day or two; so I had the car looked at on 2 occasions and was told that it something pertaining to the senor but it was ok because the light would go out on it own. The night of the accident the light was on and all of a certain I heard a load pop sound which was the tire blowing out and I loss control of the car causing the accident. When the market valuation report was ran on February 27, 2014 I learned that this vehicle had a recall issued by NHTSA id: 12V068000. I believe that was why the tire pressure warning light continued to come on for a few days then it would go off but the tires always had the same amount of air in each tire each time it was checked.

- Acworth, GA, USA

Nov 232013

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while driving approximately 55 mph and depressing the accelerator pedal, the vehicle would not respond. The failure recurred intermittently at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the air filter and the brake switch was replaced. The failure continued after the repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 26,000.

- San Rafael, CA, USA

Oct 042013

Rogue 4-cyl

My Nissan Rogue 2012 began to make some noise and can't accelerate. I call Nissan dealer and tow the car to them. They said that the problem is the fuel injectors. The car still at dealer for repair. This can cause an accident, due to the fact that the car stopped suddenly.

- Humacao, PR, USA