2012 Nissan Rogue miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Rogue:

2012 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Oct 162015

Rogue

Transmission problems car won't take off when at stop light.

- Heathsville, VA, USA

Aug 302016

Rogue

While driving 70 mph on the highway my vehicle all of a sudden lost acceleration which resulted in my nearly being into an accident with a tractor trailer truck and other vehicles behind me. My foot was pressing the gas pedal to the floor and the vehicle dropped down to 40 mph and stayed there for some time. This happened numerous times while I was driving home with my daughter and I no longer felt safe using the vehicle. I did a search on google and found that hundreds of others were having the same issue which was the result of the cvt transmission but that Nissan was making the consumer pay to install these "cooler kits". not only are these vehicles with these transmissions unsafe and ticking timebombs; it is unfair that Nissan is making the consumers responsible for fixing an issue they are well aware of. We're trusting that our vehicles are safe enough to Transport our families and children in and they aren't!! my daughter and I both could have been in a serious car accident due to this cvt transmission issue that Nissan is well aware of. Please do something about this and hold Nissan accountable before someone loses their life. These vehicles are not safe!!

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Aug 152016

Rogue

The A/C went out suddenly with only 57000 on this 2012 Nissan Rogue. My pregant wife is unable to drive this to work as it gets too hot in the vehicle. The shop quoted $1700 to replace a faulty A/C compressor. There is a lot of online chatter about multiple Nissan vehicles having A/C issues month to a few years after driving off the lot. This is ridiculous and Nissan should be held accountable. They already have a part that supersedes the replacement part that can be installed. They obviously redesigned this part for a reason. Please dorad this on if this is not the correct Agency to report this issue but it seems like a safety issue for my pregnant wife as she can't drive it to work.

- El Dorado Hills, CA, USA

Jun 102012

Rogue

When U put gas on there is a vibration and also I have installed rotors and brakes twice 60,000 miles only.

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Aug 312013

Rogue 4-cyl

Consumer 2012 Nissan Rogue was involved in a low speed motor vehicle accident on August 31, 2013. The airbag system is being investigated.. the lawyer on behalf of the driver, stated the air bags were replaced prior to the collision. The driver's injury was consistent with delayed and/or partial deployment of the air bag. Consequently, her face stuck the steering wheel.

- Lansing, MI, USA

Apr 172016

Rogue

Hood latch failed to remain secure during operation of the vehicle, upon failure the hood flew open without notice during vehicle operation/driving on local road, impairing the driver's vision, causing to stop immediately. Damage to hood, brackets, both front fenders and roof. Called Nissan dealer, refused to help as not under warranty, denied any recalls or issues with premature hood release. Remedy requested to have Nissan make car repairs to damages sustained, provide rental car. Car is not operational at this time. Urgent need this to be escalated.

- Woodbury, NY, USA

Mar 252016

Rogue

Lost power 2X in past year. Once on city streets, even though gas pedal floored, car barely moved. Next on highway, had to cruise until could safely exit highway. Issue possibly with cvt transmission

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jan 042016

Rogue

1. Nissan refuses to take any responsibility for using dunlop 7000A/S 225/55/18 tires on this vehicle which are dangerous in any condition besides dry road conditions these tires are inherently defective also filed complaint with Goodyear tire which refuses to acknowledge any issues with this tire. 2. the traffic feature of the navigation system does not work. After 20 hours on the phone with siriusxm they advised me this is a Nissan issue. Nissan also refuses to take any action. 3. the radio turns on and off or the source of the media changes when you blow the horn also Nissan has no solution or fix for this problem.

- Mahwah, NJ, USA

Jul 292015

Rogue

I have only had my used. Nissan Rogue for about a year and a half. I always keep up with the maintenance. I first noticed the problem as I was driving from dallas, tx up to Oklahoma city, ok. About one hour into the drive up to Oklahoma, the speed began to drop without any notice, and for no apparent reason. The vihechle was not over heating, and I had originally set the cruise control at about 70 mph. As cars were passing by, it slowly began to decrease it's acceleration. No matter how much I stepped on the gas it would not go up in speed. I was not even going up hill at this point. The speed limit must have been at about 70 mph and my Rogue's speed kept decreasing and other cars, and 18-wheelers kept passing us. To the point where it was only going 35 mph. I had to stop and pull over for about 20 minutes and then it began working normal. I first thought it may have been a one time thing. Now after a few trips it has became a real problem. I am going to have it checked out by Nissan. Today on my way to work (about a 40 min. Drive from home) as I got off the freeway I came to a full stop at a red light, once the light turned green my car was still on but it would not accelerate at all for at least 20 seconds. I had to turn my emergency lights on to let the cars behind me pass me. When I first purchased my used Rogue I made a drive from dallas tx, to new orleans, la. And I had no problems. Not even a year later I have problems with acceleration, and just two days ago I heard aa strange rattling noise. I finally have some time off tomorrow and I am going to get some answers and solve this problem. Nissan needs to get this fixed, this is an extremely dangerous problem!

- Caddo Mills, TX, USA

Aug 132015

Rogue

I was driving on the freeway on my way home from work. The car started to decelerate from about 68 mph down to 40 mph. I was pressing the pedal down more and more to try and accelerate but the car would not accelerate. It just kept going slower and slower as the minutes passed by. Soon I was driving slower than the big semi's and I had to pull to the last lane (slowest lane) because I could not keep up with the regular flowing traffic. This is not the first time it happens to me. I had this problem last year and Nissan had to replace the transmission. Now with a new transmission and 30,000 miles into it, the same thing is beginning to happen. I truly believe the cvt transmissions in Nissan are defective and unreliable. I cannot drive my car for 2 hours before this problem begins. Everything on the panel indicates that the car is performing fine but then it goes into this "auto shut off" mode and the car stops performing correctly.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA