2012 Nissan Rogue wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Rogue:

2012 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Jan 042016

1. Nissan refuses to take any responsibility for using dunlop 7000A/S 225/55/18 tires on this vehicle which are dangerous in any condition besides dry road conditions these tires are inherently defective also filed complaint with Goodyear tire which refuses to acknowledge any issues with this tire. 2. the traffic feature of the navigation system does not work. After 20 hours on the phone with siriusxm they advised me this is a Nissan issue. Nissan also refuses to take any action. 3. the radio turns on and off or the source of the media changes when you blow the horn also Nissan has no solution or fix for this problem.

- Mahwah, NJ, USA

Oct 162015

Dunlop tires appear to be extremely worn considering I bought this 2012 Nissan Rogue in January of 2013(just before retiring ) and my mileage is just under 18,000 as I average 6000miles year

- Verona, NY, USA

Nov 302013

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while driving approximately 20 mph during inclement weather, the four wheel drive failed to operate without warning. In addition, the contact stated that there was an abnormal noise emitting from the wheels of the vehicle and discover that the wheel wells was rusted. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 3,000.

- Liverpool, NY, USA

Feb 132014

Rogue 4-cyl

Was driving North on interstate 75, atlanta, ga, when the front left tire certainly blew causing me to loose control of car and rear-ending the car in front of me. My car was a total loss as well as the auto I hit. Purchased this auto on June 25, 2013 with 8,283 miles. Noticed in July that the tire pressure warning light would come on and stay on for a day or two; so I had the car looked at on 2 occasions and was told that it something pertaining to the senor but it was ok because the light would go out on it own. The night of the accident the light was on and all of a certain I heard a load pop sound which was the tire blowing out and I loss control of the car causing the accident. When the market valuation report was ran on February 27, 2014 I learned that this vehicle had a recall issued by NHTSA id: 12V068000. I believe that was why the tire pressure warning light continued to come on for a few days then it would go off but the tires always had the same amount of air in each tire each time it was checked.

- Acworth, GA, USA

May 092013

Rogue 4-cyl

I was driving on a major highway, traveling in the third lane at 65 mph, when the tire pressure monitoring system light came on. I made my way to the breakdown lane and the clunking noise from a flat tire was obvious. The tire had blown out in the middle of the sidewall for no apparent reason. I had not hit anything or gone into a pothole. I purchased this vehicle brand new 6 months ago, and it had the original tires that were put on it in the factory. The car came with Continental P215/70R16 tires. I brought it to the dealer who called Continental and neither the dealership nor the tire manufacturer accepts any responsibility for this defective tire. I have done a google search and my story of having a blow out with a Continental tire on a new car with very low mileage is not an unusual one. I'm concerned about driving now, and worry that I will have blow outs with the other three tires. I don't understand why Continental is getting away with manufacturing unsafe tires when this is a known issue. It seems this is a consumer issue and a safety issue that warrants investigation.

- Ipswich, MA, USA