2013 Nissan Rogue steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Rogue:

2013 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Oct 312014

Rogue

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Rogue. While the vehicle was in park, the steering wheel locked up and the ignition key did not work. The contact stated that the "not detecting the key" warning indicator illuminated. The failure recurred several times, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 25,000.

- Mountainview, MS, USA

May 172016

Rogue

Started 3 day ago stalling while driving down the road. The steering wheel locks up and lose power even with the accelerator all the way down. Almost got rear ended. The engine is still running but have to put in park and turn engine off and restart. Happened 4 times today on my way to work. You lose power with everything but engine still working. Called Nissan to see if there was a recall because there were a lot of complaints with this same problem and they said no. This is a very serious problem that needs to be investigated. Nissan wanted me to bring to dealership and pay $114 just to get a diagnois.online they said it was a fail safety which Nissan should be responsible before someone gets badly hurt or killed.

- Pass Christian, MS, USA

Sep 242014

Rogue

1st electrical problem started while driving on highway when on vacation August 2014. Navigational system and radio would not work. Steering wheel if sharp turn made a loud noise. Happened for 1 day and then everthing worked again. 9/24/14 my Nissan Rogue 2013 was now completely dead and had to manually unlock door. Called aaa who jump started vehicle and stated replacing battery would not solve problem. The aaa mechanic stated there was an electrical problem....something continued to drain the battery even after the jump start. Brought to coastal Nissan where I was told the vehicle tested fine and did not have an electrical problem. Never was I informed there are complaints from other owners of intermittent electrical problems and the Rogue not starting. My vehicle is almost at the end of its warranty. 10/21/14 coming out of the garage late last night when making sharp turns the steering wheel make loud noises. When I arrived home the driver's side window would not go up. This morning the vehicle made a clicking noise but the engine would not start. The drivers' side window will not go up or down although the lights and other windows work. Declined aaa jumpstart since this has been intermittent and I needed coastal Nissan to not be able to deny any problem. After checking on line it appears many other Nissan owners are having similar problems. It is very important to have an Agency like your's to ensure others are aware of safety issues and defects in vehicles. I also contacted the Consumer Affairs at Nissan per the emails I saw from other owners. If anyone else has this intermittent electrical problem just have vehicle towed so Nissan cannot deny a problem or fail to address and fix it.

- Scituate, MA, USA

Feb 032014

Rogue 4-cyl

Started to get a clicking noise in steering wheel when turning to left or right. Started happening around 16,000 miles. Took in to a Nissan service center to have checked. The response was that Nissan Corp. Would not allow service center to "just replace parts". dealer told me that there was nothing they could do? don't be concerned. I have a very uneasy feel when driving the car. Waiting for the clicking to become and issue in controlling the steering of the car. If this car had the clicking noise when I test drove it I would have not purchased it. New car, $30,000 and everytime I turn the steering wheel I can hear a click as well as my passengers.

- Bradford, MA, USA

May 192013

Rogue 4-cyl

Driving on hwy, went to make left at light, the wheels locked and the car slid into a guardrail damaging the entire front of vehicle. I want to know if there is some sort of factory defect with the braking or steering system and if so what is my recourse to have this car exchanged or repaired. I've had it for 3 months - don't believe anything should be locking on it. This is dangerous for me and any passengers I may have. I need to know about this brand new now damaged car of mine. Thank you.

- New Brunswick, NJ, USA