2014 Nissan Rogue drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Rogue:

2014 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Oct 072016

2014 Nissan Rogue sv 61,868 miles with recurring acceleration issues. Started about one year ago wife called and said that vehicle was making loud revving sound but not moving or barely moving while stepping on gas. She stated car was stalling out at intersection or while in moving traffic. Not turning off but not moving while stepping on gas. She park car at work and drove home with no problem. Several months ago same thing no or poor acceleration while stepping on gas while at intersections or in moving traffic. I picked it up from work and drive home with no problem. This has occurred on several addition days but not has bad. Vehicle shakes and makes revving noises while driving. Fast forward to today wife calls says she is stuck on highway. Stated that vehicle had no acceleration and she was barley able to get it into emergency lane before it wouldn't move at all. Chassis control system error message appeared on dash display along with other lights like engine light. Vehicle was towed to Nissan dealer for inspection. Beginning to think I purchased a piece of junk. After reading several post regarding similar issue and no resolve from Nissan I am a little worried. Not only is this a dangerous safety issue but will probably be a huge expense to correct if Nissan does not help out. Vehicle is just above 60,000 powertrain warranty. Luckily I have geico mechanical breakdown insurance. Will just wait and see what happens.

- Seaford, NY, USA

Jul 032016

I have only had the rouge select for barely two years. Four times I have had a power loss as I am driving up canyons and any steep terrain. If for any reason you slow down and re-accelerate the car does not pick up speed. There are times when we are just accelerating and loose power. The vehicle has had a loss of power between 55 and 70 miles an hour, highway speeds are 50-70+. this has happened to us a few times putting my family and I, in danger of being rear ended at highway speeds. The loss of power happening in the vehicle, four times in the last week as we traveled from Utah up parleys canyon, we had a loss of speed twice in this canyon. Once at half-way in heavy traffic and again near the crest of the mountain in very heavy traffic almost being rear-ended by a semi. Again the very same day two more times as we passed through heavy traffic in Wyoming and again as we passed back through Utah in the flaming gorge area. All areas with steep terrain. This is extremely unsafe and as I read all these complaints this is a serious matter. For a new vehicle with barely 30,000 miles on it, this should not be happening and is a serious defect. This is ridiculous for a brand new vehicle to have this happening. I just hope it doesn't take a loss of life before this is recalled and fixed for good.

- Kearns, UT, USA

May 282016

For the third time my Nissan Rogue 2014 failed to accelerate as the cvt transmission slipped and would not re engage. To make matters worse I was stuck on a mountain on a 95 degree day with no cell phone service. The vehicle has 28,000 miles currently. This first time is happened it had 9,000 miles. There is a lawsuit for 2013-14 pathfinders but the Rogues should be included in a recall for vehicles unfit for operation. It is a safety hazard to have a vehicle traveling at 70mph lose acceleration capabilities and stop moving forward. I was almost rear ended and drove off of the road. I've filed a complaint with the BBB as well as the corporation and requested to be able to return the vehicle with no further costs. This request was denied so I am forced to own a vehicle that is unsafe and the company refuses to take responsibility for. There were no fatalities this time but I can't say the same for my next drive to the store. Many people have filed complaints on these models and nothing is being done to ensure safety.

- East Greenbush, NY, USA

May 172016

Nissan is covering-up a very serious and on-going problem with its cvt transmission. I bought a 2014 Nissan Rogue new in May 2014. The vehicle now has 70,700 miles on it. After only 24 months, the cvt transmission failed and, according to the local Nissan dealerships, I need a new transmission at a cost of $4,000. The Nissan dealership implied (but would not state directly) that there is a problem with Nissan's cvt transmission which has been on-going for 10+ years. However, my car is out of warranty and I must pay for the new transmission. The transmission should not fail after 24 months. Nissan should address the systemic problem with its cvt transmissions and extend its warranty for cvt transmissions as it did in 2010 for Nissan vehicles in model years 2003 to 2010.

- Medfield, MA, USA

Nov 092015

I was driving the vehicle at 45 mph, when the stirring wheel and breaks locked and the vehicle came to a complete stop in the middle of rush during large amounts of traffic. The vehicle's windows would not go down and the vehicle would not start back up. When the I tried to start it back up the engine would shake erratically and make a loud noise. The vehicle had power but you couldn't lock it, or roll any windows or turn off the hazard lights.

- Pasadena, TX, USA

Sep 022015

The issue presents itself when the temperature is above 90 degrees and I have been driving the car for at least 20-30 minutes. When the car is at a complete stop and you transition from the brake to the gas, the car does not immediately respond. It is as if you are not pressing the gas pedal at all. You can press it almost all the way to the floor before the car will respond. When it starts to occur, it is consistent with occurring every time the car comes to a stop. There does not appear to be any other issues while the car is in motion. This is extremely dangerous when you are making a left or right turn or accelerating from a stop light. I have almost been rear ended several times because the light has turned green and my car will not immediately accelerate. I took the car to the dealer on 9/15, about 2 weeks after this started. I was informed that this might be due to the fuel pump recall. They replaced the fuel pump and drove the car without experiencing any issues. As I was driving home from the dealer that afternoon, the issue presented itself again. I called the dealer and was told to bring the car back the following morning. They kept my car for 3 days. They were able to replicate the issue at the dealer while connected to a computer. They spoke to Nissan engineering and sent them the files. Nissan engineering didn't know the cause and said to "drive it until it gets worse". my car was almost at the end of the 36,000 mile warranty. They replaced a brake sensor to see if that worked. I picked up the car and brought it back to the dealer the following week when the issue presented itself again. They recorded more data to send to Nissan. Again, they requested more data from me yesterday. While in the car with the technician recording the issue, my car would no longer accelerate over 20 mph while revving the engine. This car is unsafe to drive.

- Canyon Country, CA, USA

Jul 022015

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. After the gear shift was switched into the park position and exiting the vehicle, the vehicle independently rolled and crashed into the garage. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries sustained. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician stated that the vehicle was operating as designed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 9,940.

- Harriisburg, PA, USA

Mar 162015

We brought our 2014 Nissan Rogue in to repair 3/23/2015 with a serious acceleration issue. The dealer is, vero us 1 Nissan/ Hyundai, were we originally bought the car. The problem is at will the car shutters and looses speed when accelerated. Nissan claims they can not re create the problem and all computer test are negative to any problems. Today I filed a case with Nissan North America. I was informed that there is a fuel pump campaign for all 2014 Rogues manufactured in smyrna, tenn. Between the dates of 6/11/13 to 6/7/2014. My Rogue was manufactured 3/3/2014. Nissan us 1 knows nothing of this recall. We were told the problem was fixed upon pick 3/27/2014. Unfortunately, the problem persists and represents a very significant danger to operation. It is an intermittent problem but when it occurs the car shakes violently and does not accelerate properly when the accelerator is depressed. This could cause a major accident. We live in a subdivision for which the exit requires us to cross us 1. imagine if the car decided to fail to accelerate across us 1 and my wife and kids were struck by oncoming traffic! I have read about these issues on various Nissan sites, cvt troubles and fuel pump/ problems. It is a well documented and know problems for Nissan vehicles.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Aug 142014

Rogue 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. While driving at 60 mph, the vehicle lost power. In addition, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle failed to accelerate. The rpms increased. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 2,000. Updated 5/4/15

- St Charles, MO, USA

Oct 312014

I parked my wife's new 2014 Nissan Rogue in our garage which is a flat surface. We started to exit the car to remove our baby from the back seat. The vehicle began rolling backwards and would have completely rolled out of the garage if I did not press the brake. I started the engine and pulled it back in the garage, put the vehicle in park, and it began rolling backwards again. Luckily, the vehicle did not roll back in our previous parking spot or it would have ended up in the woods. I called the dealership the next day and they were able to replicate the issue. The service manager called me yesterday and stated it was the transmission and it would need to be replaced. I am very concerned about the reliability, safety, and value of this car. I will note the dealership has been very helpful.

- Kernersville, NC, USA

Jul 282014

Rogue 4-cyl

Clicked on the keyless off/on button while in "drive" when parking car. The car, at a alarming rate of speed started going backwards. I duplicated this action for my husband who thought I must have had the car in "natural" the car again started going backwards. Both events when performed on flat land.

- Sioux Falls, SD, USA

Jul 062014

While shifting from park to drive, the top part of the gear shift and the chrome "stem" lifted off. I pushed down to put it back and the button to engage the gear shift and move to different gears was stuck in. The gear shift would not move from neutral or drive and when I parked the vehicle, I had to put it in neutral and apply the emergency brake.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

May 102014

On May 10, 2014, I parked my 2014 Nissan Rogue in my garage. I put vehicle in park and got out went to the passenger side to get my bag on passenger side rear door when the car started to roll backwards. I ran to back of car to stop it. Lucky for me I wasn't behind the car when it started to roll back. I stopped it enough before it hit the decline in my driveway and ran to drivers side and jumped in and hit brake. Moved car back into garage and put blocks behind the tires. At that point, I thought it was a one time event. Approximately 1 hour later I ran an errand, put car in park (on level ground), got out of car and it started rolling backwards again. I immediately drove to Nissan dealer and explained what happened. Pertaining to medical attention. My back, left shoulder and legs are very sore (May 11). Will see in a day or so if further medical is needed.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Jan 072013

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that when depressing the accelerator pedal, the vehicle would not respond until the pedal was depressed approximately half way. The vehicle would then rapidly accelerate for sixty seconds before returning to normal function. The contact indicated that the defect was only present after the engine was warm and the defect would recur intermittently. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure and no repairs were performed. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The failure mileage was 300.

- Auburn, CA, USA