2014 Nissan Rogue seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Rogue:

2014 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Dec 202015

2014 Rogue sl purchased July 2014. Currently has 40K miles and less than 2 years old. Edge of drivers seat (leather) is showing wear and flaking of leather from where the seat belt has rubbed against it. Abnormal for the age of vehicle.

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Mar 132014

Intermittent and inconsistent: With passenger in passenger seat, the airbag off light is on. I have had the dealer look at it on 3 separate occasions and they cannot find anything. Passenger side seat belt light comes on intermitently (as if passenger is not wearing seat belt, but really is. I believe these are serious issues with the sensors in the passenger seat...

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA

Dec 092014

The contact owned a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the seat belts failed to latch. The contact stated that on one occasion, while driving at approximately 10 mph, the vehicle was involved in a crash and the seat belts failed to retract. The specifics of the crash were not available. A police report was filed and there was one injury reported that required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 49,000.

- Ooltewah, TN, USA

Aug 112014

Rogue 4-cyl

Right rear seat belt disengaged from the upper mounting. When this occurred my grandchild was in his car seat, he is 7, the seat belt just fell into his lap. I was preparing backing out of my driveway, car was in park. Updated 09/24/14 when we returned from a trip took, 8-15, took vehicle to my dealer service tech and mgr. Quite surprised as were a few others. The bolt threads were stripped about 1/4" from the end. Blame was immediately placed on manufacturing quality control and I agree. No one used the right rear seat during our travels. However I received quite a few comments on my "loose" seat belt! new belt order placed Saturday 8-16, so no answer to,1) is one in stock and 2) when will it arrive". so until the belt arrives I cannot Transport my grandchildren or a maximum of 2!, I have 7 year old twins. The Rogue is 5 months old. Of course my concern is how many other 2014 Rogues are on the road with this problem. What if I had an accident with my grandchild or another person in that seat. Are my other seat belts securely mounted? it will be hard to feel 100% safe in this Rogue. I am sure my dealer will check out my concerns, but what caused the bolt to strip and then dislodge" updated 2/24/2015

- Irwin, PA, USA