2015 Nissan Rogue brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Rogue:

2015 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Sep 252015

Rogue

I was driving up hill and pressed the brakes to turn right, and the brakes didn't came up, the car came to halt and then started rolling back wards. Now I tried to put the brakes but its stucked, I pressed the accelerator it didn't responded. Soon withing 4-5 sec the car picks up speed, I changed the mode to parking, nothing happened. It rolled down and fell into a ditch. Nothing seriously damaged. But I am scared to drive that car again. When the car was pulled from the ditch the brakes were still on. I pointed that out to the police. This is a new car just 2 months old. Didn't expect that from Nissan

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Sep 262015

Rogue

I was driving home from work one evening, and since the other vehicles were passing me on the freeway. I decided to change from "eco" mode to "sport" mode because the acceleration is more responsive and smooth. When I did this I hit 3 RPM's and traffic was slowing down so I applied the brakes and the needle just steadily shook at 3 RPM's and I could hear the engine revving and accelerating as I was pushing the breaks. So just to make sure I knew what I experienced was true I moved all the way to the left lane. Then proceeded to accelerate up to 3 RPM's and sure enough when I applied the brakes it continued to accelerate. I repeated this 4 more times. Then the RPM finally came back down. What I tried to explain to the service department is yes "sport" mode does keep RPM's high I like that that's the reason why I drive in that mode on the freeway. The issue is they're supposed to come down and not rev whenever I push the brakes. I don't know if this is exclusive to my vehicle or not. I just don't want to be in an accident due to the fact of a deteriorated faulty system in the vehicle.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 222015

Rogue

After parking on a steep incline, I set the parking brake by pushing the parking brake pedal. The brake was set. Upon returning to vehicle, I started vehicle, placed in drive, attempted to release parking brake. I was unaware of how to release brake.(previous and post year Rogues state on the parking brake pedal "push on push off". my car had a plain black pedal with no inscription). While attempting to find the parking brake release, I accidentally pulled the lever to open the hood witch is located in the area of my parking brake release of my Dodge. I got out to close hood leaving the car in drive. Upon returning to drivers seat my right foot touched the parking brake pedal, releasing brake and the car sped downhill with 2 passengers aboard and dragging me outside the car reaching app. 35 mph before crashing into tree. Had the parking brake pedal been inscribed "push on push off", as in previous and post years of the same model car I would have seen how to release parking brake. I have photos of different years 2011 thru 2014 of this model showing "push on push off" and video of my 2015 Nissan Rogue sv (top of the line model) with a plain "no inscription" rubber parking brake pedal. There are no other instructions anywhere in the interior of the car that state how to release parking brake. The owners manual does state how to release brake.

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 062014

Rogue

Wife was driving car and applied brakes. They didn't work right as the car did not slow as it should have. Rear ended a car that was stopped at light. Assured me 100% that she was applying brakes and that she wasn't texting or looking at phone. Accident occurred at or around 25 mph into stopped car. Clean hit directly front end to rear end. Everyone walked away sore but relatively unscathed. Cars left via tow trucks. Next day wife was complaining of spots in eye and dizzy. Went to er. Nothing wrong supposedly. 16.5K damage to car. 2 days after the accident she had a stroke. Doctors say it was because of head whip due to impact. Airbags/seatbelts worked as advertised but the head whipped and cause a dissection of right carotid artery. Cause a clot that was released and created a stroke on right side of brain. Lost all function on left side, could not walk, speech slurred, no movement on left side at all. Been in hospital since Dec 8. ambulance to er. Air ambulance to another hospital. Icu for 2 weeks, rehab hospital for over a month. Luckily my wife lived, but right now she is learning how to do everything all over again.

- Flower Mound, TX, USA