2015 Nissan Rogue engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Rogue:

2015 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Aug 152016

Rogue

The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Rogue. After applying the brakes abruptly to avoid a collision and attempting to accelerate, the vehicle lost power. In addition, the accelerator pedal was depressed, but the vehicle failed to accelerate and increased in rpms. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 7,000.

- Pittsburg, PA, USA

Sep 252015

Rogue

I was driving up hill and pressed the brakes to turn right, and the brakes didn't came up, the car came to halt and then started rolling back wards. Now I tried to put the brakes but its stucked, I pressed the accelerator it didn't responded. Soon withing 4-5 sec the car picks up speed, I changed the mode to parking, nothing happened. It rolled down and fell into a ditch. Nothing seriously damaged. But I am scared to drive that car again. When the car was pulled from the ditch the brakes were still on. I pointed that out to the police. This is a new car just 2 months old. Didn't expect that from Nissan

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Sep 202015

Rogue

Teering wheel vibrates at speeds 25-55 mph. Most of the vibration will stop if I drive in the sport mode. Have back to dealer three times, but no luck. They said other 2015 Rogue show the same problem, there is no tbs issued yet, so they basically don't know how to fix it. Two different dealers felt the vibrations. You can almost hear a like a harmonic noise when this happens. I have contacted Nissan and am waiting for a resolution or something. I asked Nissan to find a Rogue that doesn't vibrate or get out of my lease with my money back.

- Malton, NJ, USA

Aug 122015

Rogue

Steering wheel vibrates at speeds 25-55 mph. Most of the vibration will stop if I drive in the sport mode. Have back to dealer three times, but no luck. They said other 2015 Rogue show the same problem, there is no tbs issued yet, so they basically don't know how to fix it. Two different dealers felt the vibrations. You can almost hear a like a harmonic noise when this happens. I have contacted Nissan and am waiting for a resolution or something. I asked Nissan to find a Rogue that doesn't vibrate or get out of my lease with my money back.

- Spencerport, NY, USA

Mar 052015

Rogue

Vehicle stalls everyday ever since we first purchased the car in februar 2015. It stalls while at a stop light and while driving without any warning. The engine warning signal comes on after the stall. I brought my car to 2 different service locations (puente hills Nissan and imperio Nissan in irvine) but failed to detect the problem. This is very stressful situation where the technicians are not able to detect the issue. I searched and found that there's been a nationwide recall on 2014 Rogue on the same issue (see below): News: Nissan is recalling certain 2014 Nissan Rogue vehicles; fuel system, gasoline report receipt date: Apr 03, 2015 NHTSA campaign number: 15V197000 component(s): Fuel system, gasoline potential number of units affected: 76,242 April 2015 -- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2014 Nissan Rogue vehicles manufactured June 11, 2013, to June 7, 2014. Improper nickel plating of components within the fuel pump may result in the fuel pump failing. If the fuel pump fails, the vehicle may stall without warning, increasing the risk of a crash. Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel pump, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in April 2015. Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration vehicle safety hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (tty 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov

- Irvine, CA, USA

Feb 012015

Rogue

While driving on the highway the engine shut down, requiring me to pull off the road immediately. Vehicle was towed to a Nissan dealer where it was determined the engine seized due to a "factory defect" requiring it to be rebuilt.

- Hamden, CT, USA

Dec 042014

Rogue

The car revs up to 5 rpms at 60mph like its stuck in neutral. Need to take the foot off the gas get down to 50mph and was able to get it back up to 65mph. I did this in rush hour traffic. I was afraid the person behind was going to hit to change speeds so fast. Nissan looked at the car today and said there wasn't an issue and I needed to do that to let the transmission catch up. Never heard of such a thing. My last Nissan at 98K died because of the transmission. Before it died it was doing the same thing.

- Branchburg, NJ, USA