1998 Nissan Sentra electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Nissan Sentra:

1998 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Jun 062014

Sentra GXE 1.6L

I changed the starter, just installed starter. changed pcm, cps & main relay, in this stupid car recently. Now the damn thing is aggravating me to no end! I put an Actron diagnosis device on the car to check for codes. When I disconnect it, the car craps out and the dash lights come on! I tried changing the PCM, main relay and Crank Position Sensor. Car starts and stays running for a while, but when I turn on the headlights, the car stalls out, the temperature gauge goes up to high (by itself) and car won't start. I slap device back on and car runs enough for me to get it home.

Could anybody please tell me what and where this electrical problem is before I decide to let the salvage yard solve my problem?! What also happens when I disconnect the negative wire and return it to the battery, there is a noise coming from the fuel rail and from inside the car. Battery is also not the problem!

- , Norwich, CT, USA