1. replace motor or regulator or both (1 reports)
2001 Nissan Sentra windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Sentra:

2001 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Dec 112002

Sentra GXE 1.8L

This problem has happened a few times. The first time was on the front passenger window. The window was stuck down and to make it worse it rained that same day. Nissan fixed it but whoever fixed it left some parts out and it broke again. The dealer (then Bill Newton Nissan now Conyers Nissan) tried to blame ME for not putting the parts back together correctly because he just KNEW none of his guys wouldn't do such bad work. I had to explain to him that my car was under warranty and there was no way I'd try to fix it myself or pay someone else to do it when I could bring it in for "free". After some arguing I got them to fix it again because when I brought it back that second time, my warranty had expired by a few miles.

Today, my driver side window motor seems to be failing. The window will go down but it struggles like hell to come back up (I have to give it some assistance by pulling up on the window). Now I don't even let the window down anymore for fear that it won't come back up.

Other complaints with this car:

-- CD Player doesn't work (solution might be to clean it, will try that later).

-- Dipstick ring broke off due to weak plastic construction.

-- Radio back light doesn't work so can't see the clock or radio information at night.

- , Covington, GA, USA