2002 Nissan Sentra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Nissan Sentra:

2002 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Jul 292002

Sentra 4-cyl

My emergency brake has been almost non-existent since I bought the car. My driveway is a steep hill so its a must that I use it. On 2 occasions where someone else parked my car and only used the E brake and didnt put it in gear, we found my car halfway in the road (stopped) and then actually watched it as it started rolling backwards one night. When I get in my car to start it before pushing in the clutch I have to make sure my foot is firm on the brake or the car will start rolling backwards. I had it tightened at the dealer and have done it a few times since myself after being shown how only to have it revert to its non functional state each time.

- Orange Park, FL, USA