CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Sentra earned its clunker status after numerous reports of blown head gaskets.

1.8

2005 Nissan Sentra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Sentra:

2005 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Mar 112016

Sentra

Friday March 11, 2016 while driving to work on the george bush turnpike where the speed limit is 70 mph my car loss all power and would not restart, luckily it was 5:30am when the traffic was light and I felt the power starting to dwindle and was able to reach the shoulder without injury. I'm leasing the car from drivetime of irving and was not informed of this defect. I found out through my research trying to figure out what was wrong with the that was a November 2007 recall. I am amazed that these cars are still on the road and being sold with no warning. Thank god that I was one of the lucky ones and not accident occurred.

- Irving, TX, USA

Dec 152015

Sentra

Engine die while driving on the fwy & won't restart. Been close to cause an accident. Happening very often...

- Arleta, CA, USA

Oct 102015

Sentra

On more than one occasion, my car cut off on me while driving. The issue began around March of 2015. Three times my car cut off on me driving down a busy road. The other few times were on local roads. As a result, I often had to push, wait it out (car eventually would start/crank over about an hour later) or call geico to toll it for me. Each of those times, I was fortunate not to cause a major accident. After having what I felt was a near death experience, I took my car to several autozones, a local shop, and a Nissan dealership. Each of them informed me that it was the crank shaft sensor. Upon further research, I learned that there was a recall for this part. I contacted Nissan North America, spoke with a representative and filed a claim. At a later date, I was informed that my car was not apart of that recall nor was it covered under the warranty. I asked the young lady, "what if lives were harmed or worse, lost due to this mechanical malfunction?" she kindly replied "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but you're car was not included in our recall". I'm just baffled at the idea that a car that could cut off at any moment on a major highway would be cast aside because some how it was missed during the recall round up. I'm not sure where or how far this complaint will go. However, after reading similar ones on the internet, I can't help but wonder why this issue hasn't been addressed by the media. Than again, I think I know why.

- Woodridge, VA, USA