3.2

2005 Nissan Sentra fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Sentra:

2005 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Mar 022009

Sentra

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Sentra. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign id number 05V269000 (fuel system, gasoline:storage). She took the vehicle to the dealer to have the fuel leak inspected. They checked the vapor hose connections in the fuel tank and determined that there was no fuel leak. Currently, the vehicle is leaking fuel. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer and they stated that the Nissan manufacturer would not honor the recall to install a new fuel tank for free. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Tuscon, AZ, USA

Aug 282008

Sentra

I have a 2005 Nissan Sentra. Engine service light came on and within a week I was unable to pump gas into my tank at a normal pace. Only able to put in a little at a time without gas shooting back out of the tank. Within a couple of weeks, I was unable to start my car. I was told that the vent control valve was malfunctioning and that it would not effect the running of my car, but now I am $500 looking a new fuel pump. I have noticed online multiple complaints from other Nissan owners with the same problems. Is someone looking into the on going problem? I bout this car for the fuel efficiency and the well known reputation of a long lasting car. Not very satisfied when it is only 3 yrs old!!!!

- New Castle, PA, USA

Jul 252008

Sentra

Ses error P1446 - defective evap canister vent control valve (Nissan.justanswer.com/uploads/rmillerphd/2008-06-15_175622_afinal.pdf) from what I have been treading online many people have had problems with Nissan and their evap valve and it getting stuck open or closed which causes a very serious safety hazard but Nissan is doing nothing about this. I recently got this ses code and looked it up online and found a slew of people pointing directly to the problem with the valve and it getting gunked up or stuck. Mine is a 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8L but I have seen this problem reported on a wide range or Nissan models. Please look into this problem before somebody gets hurt but Nissan's neglect.

- Round Lake, IL, USA

Nov 012007

Sentra

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Sentra. The engine light illuminated on the instrument panel and the contact waited before taking the vehicle to autozone. She was informed that one of her control valves had closed. She attempted to have the vehicle diagnosed by the dealer, but they were unable to perform an inspection. Throughout this process, the contact went to fill up the vehicle with gasoline, but the pump kept clicking and indicated that the tank was full. The clicking would occur every few seconds. The contact was unsure if the failure was due to the vehicle or the actual gasoline pump. The contact smelled a strong smell of gasoline inside the passenger compartment, and went online to research possible defects. She discovered NHTSA campaign id number 05V269000 (fuel system, gasoline:storage) for the same failure; however, the manufacturer stated that her VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle has not been repaired. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 50,000 and current mileage was 58,000.

- Trotwood , OH, USA

Jun 132008

Sentra

There is a recall on 2005 Nissan Sentra's with the vapor return hose and I took my car to hove Nissan dealer in bourbonnais il and they told me that there was no recall on my car but when I look it up on the internet it is telling me that there is a recall on 2005 Nissan Sentra with the same problem that I am having with mine I also took my car to be diagnosed at the dealership and they told me the same thing that my vapor hose is in need of repair. My car is not allowing me to put gas in my car and I am loosing gas and running out of gas, I also understand that the engine can also ignite in a fire.

- Kankakee, IL, USA