2006 Nissan Sentra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Sentra:

2006 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Oct 102015

I have a crank shaft position sensor problem in my 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S which kills the engine. While driving the engine may shut off very abruptly without warning. Even while driving on the highway the vehicle may cut off. I called the dealership and they said my VIN didn't qualify for the recall even though it's within the manufacture date range for the recall. I even emailed the Nissan corporate office. It's a known issue and part of a recall but Nissan refuses to fix the problem. Only a matter of time before I get in an accident due to this known issue. I shouldn't have to pay to have a manufacturing defect fixed. When I called the Nissan dealer, I was told that I was the 3rd person that had called that day with the exact same problem and neither or the previous people were "part of the recall" either. I wonder how many accidents it'll take before Nissan will actually honor the recall.

- Snellville, GA, USA