1.0

2006 Nissan Sentra drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Sentra:

2006 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Jul 212015

Sentra

I own a 2006 Nissan Sentra. While driving approximately 35 mph and when I was waiting at a traffic light the gear shifted from drive to neutral after I slightly bumped against the gear shift with my arm. When I checked to confirm that it could be moved without engaging the button on the side of the gear shift I was able to shift from one gear to another without engaging the button. It appeared that the vehicles gear shift was only designed to change gears when the button on the side of the gear shift was engaged. That is a safety issue and the potential for a crash if the gear shift can easily be without engaging the button that was intended for that function. The 5-cd disc player has also stopped functioning to the point where I am unable to remove the cds that are lodged inside the player. I can only assume that they have melted inside and that is the potential for a fire. I have not notified the dealer or manufacturer of these failures at this time.

- Laurel , MD, USA