2.3

2007 Nissan Sentra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Sentra:

2007 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Sep 122016

Sentra

The car turn on normal. Then after a few minutes on the city, the car started making a grinding noise coming out the bottom of the car. Also, I had the car in drive and it would not move forward.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 232016

Sentra

The contact owned a 2007 Nissan Sentra. While driving approximately 65 mph on the highway, smoke entered the vehicle without warning. The contact was able to coast the vehicle over to the side of the road. The driver and two passengers exited the vehicle. A fire erupted from the front of the vehicle, under the vehicle, and near the rear. The vehicle was destroyed. A police report and a fire inspection report were filed. The vehicle was towed to a yard. The dealer was notified of the failure and provided no recommendations. The contact was to check with the manufacturer to determine if they may be able to diagnose the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 183,000.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

May 082015

Sentra

I warmed up my vehicle for approximately 3 minutes and drove as I normally do than as I came to a stop sign and stopped. As I pressed my accelerator pedal the car was off. I checked the RPM and I was at zero (0). My cvt jerks me and passengers and it hesitates and turns off in reverse. This car will cut off regardless if in drive or reverse.the cvt needs to be recalled before an incident occurs that could affect our safety on the road someone help. Please. Nissan needs to recall the faulty cvt transmissions they whine and overheat alot.my cvt warranty was extended to 10yrs 120,000 miles.no more Nissan for me. Or cvt transmissions ever.

- Baker, LA, USA

Mar 112014

Sentra 4-cyl

While at a red light waiting for it to turn green the engine sputtered, the RPM's revved up really high, then the engine suddenly cut off. Luckily my husband, who was driving, was on a city street at the time but had to eventually cross a bridge and was extremely nervous doing so. I have a scheduled appointment at my local Nissan dealer to diagnose the problem. This is a scary situation and causes extreme anxiety in me knowing that the engine could cut off at any moment and possibly causing a crash and/or fatality.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Feb 172014

Sentra 4-cyl

I was driving down 114 in grapevine, tx heading toward southlake, tx. The engine stuttered and then shutdown and the check engine light came on. I coasted to the right shoulder of the highway. I noticed smoke coming out from the left side of the hood. I got out to pop the hood to see what the problem was. When I tried to lift the hood flames were shooting out. I stepped back and called 911. With in 3 minutes the car was engulfed and was a total loss. The fire department showed up and put the fire out.

- Euless, TX, USA