2010 Nissan Sentra steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Sentra:

2010 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Oct 132015

When I turn on my car and begin to drive it, it makes a really loud noise. It is hard for me to turn either right or left. Also when I am accelerating in the freeway or in the street the car slows down and no matter how much I accelerate it stays in the same speed. I took it in to pepboys auto center and was told that it has an internal noise and that it has something to do with the electrical steering. They also mentioned that the car can lock while im driving or turning and in turn can cause me to have an accident, so that I should take it to the Nissan dealer since pepboys does not fix electrical issues. I however do not have money to take it into the dealer. While driving I was also not able to accelerate quickly enough when getting into the freeway because the car slows down and does not allow me to go any faster.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Jul 092012

I don't know if this is a one-time, only-thing, but felt I wanted to mention it. My mother drives a 2010 Nissan Sentra, built about 2/10 it has never been serviced by the dealer except for 'included' oil and filter changes, as part of the new car 'sell' I took the front left wheel off, to rotate the tires and, since I have replaced control arms, and cv axles myself in the past, looked around. The 32 mm spindle nut was loose enough to turn by hand, the original cotter-pin (painted black while the car was built) was original-properly intact. I consulted my technical manual and it said that this 32 mm spindle nut is usually torqued to 92 foot-pounds-not finger tight. In fairness as I write this-to leave no stone unturned-and to the manufacturers defense-the car did hit a curb on that side-and the tire blew-it was replaced by etd tire service in NJ. But that cotter pin is original-never removed. So a socket could not have been put on it to loosen it from the original torque setting. Unless the shock of the tire impact jarred it loose" knocked the wheel bearing and loosened the spindle nut? either way-I am glad I spotted this. I wonder if this torque specification is adequate" 92 foot lbs.

- Lodi, NJ, USA

Dec 192011

Sentra 4-cyl

Pulling into parking space and felt a "pop" as the wheel turned. I turned the wheel back and forth and noticed there was no resistance when turning the wheel to the left. I turned car off with the wheel still turned to the left and looked at driver side wheel and noticed the wheel was pointed to the right. I looked at the right wheel and it was pointed to the left. I looked at the left wheel and saw that the tie rod had snapped in half. There was no accident and there were no cement parking barriers present.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Oct 202010

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Sentra. The contact was driving approximately between 10-15 mph when he attempted to make a left turn and the steering wheel would not turn in any direction. The contact lost control of the vehicle and it flipped onto the driver's side tires and then landed on the road normally. There were no injuries. The vehicle sustained $1,000 in damages. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnostic testing and to be repaired. The failure mileage was 600.

- North Syracuse, NY, USA

Feb 212010

My new Nissan Sentra 2010S very quickly veers to the left at 50-65 mpg in the highway. I did not step my foot on accelerator nor brake at that time. It happened 3 times occasionally since I purchased my car on Jan 2010.

- Arlington, MA, USA