2011 Nissan Sentra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Sentra:

2011 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

May 262016

Sentra

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Sentra. While driving 55 mph on an incline, the accelerator pedal was depressed and the speed decreased to 25 mph. The check engine light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission fluid overheated and needed the cvt cooler upgrade service kit and performance of cvt fluid flush. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 12,600.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 152015

Sentra

Driving alongon a major highway 301 in the state of gerogia and the car cut off and would not restart. Towed to local dealership. Was told that battery terminal caused computer to malfunction.

- Statesboro, GA, USA

Apr 242015

Sentra

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that the air bag and the check engine warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times, but the failure was unable to be determined. On one occasion, the dealer reset the codes but the failure was not corrected. In addition, the tire pressure monitoring warning light illuminated. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures. The failure mileage was 119,076.

- Jackson , MS, USA

Jan 022012

Sentra 4-cyl

Actually less than a year from purchasing the vehicle, a ticking started in the engine even after routine oil changes. Before it hit 50000 miles, when starting the car it would hesitate and when it was checked out a cell in the battery burned out and it was a little over a year old. When I looked up recalls there was something concerning the battery and when I contacted the dealership they stated since it was just over the 50000 mark it wasn't covered. As for as the engine they stated stated " that's just the engine, they all have a tick."

- Gallatin, TN, USA

Aug 142014

Sentra 4-cyl

I was driving down highway 138 union city when my vehicle started to shutter like it was going to stall. When I stopped at the red light the vehicle electrical load dropped and the car would not crank back up. I was able to jump it off and the car had no issues I had the battery tested and alternator tested both are good/.

- College Park, GA, USA

Aug 042014

Sentra 4-cyl

I bought a car from emotors West less than 30 days ago and the car died on me in the next 3 days and they kept my car for 3 days I just got it back today and just died on me again... I just want to get my money back...

- Elk Grove , CA, USA

Jun 112014

Sentra

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the vehicle stalled and caused the contact to crash into a gate. A police report was not filed and no injuries were sustained. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 31,000.

- Jackson, MS, USA

Apr 252014

Sentra

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, the vehicle vibrated abnormally as it independently decelerated. The contact mentioned that after merging to the side of the road, she attempted to inspect the engine compartment when she noticed a burning odor. Several minutes later the vehicle exploded. The fire department was contacted and a fire report was filed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the technician was unable to determine what caused the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was destroyed. The failure and current mileage was 62,000.

- Natchitoches, LA, USA

Nov 032013

Sentra 4-cyl

In 2007, Nissan recalled more than 140,000 Altima due to the possibility of fire related to the cars air filter. There was substantial media coverage of the large recall. We own a 2011 Nissan Sentra, which we purchased for our teenage daughter. According to courtesy Nissan in richardson, Texas, the cause of a recent vehicle break down with our Sentra was an air filter fire, which also caused fire damage to the airbox. This is the same defect which resulted in Nissan's 2007 recall. (I have photos of the fire-damaged air filter and airbox, as well as the fire-damaged parts.) this is obviously a serious and unresolved safety issue, one that Nissan publicly acknowledged and proactively addressed with the 2007 recall. Nissan corporate Consumer Affairs department has denied that the issue with the 2007 Altima is the same issue with our 2011 Sentra, even though the Nissan dealership stated clearly to us in writing that the airbox/air filter caught on fire. The air filter in a two-year-old car shouldn't catch on fire. And it certainly shouldn't catch on fire if air filter fires in Nissan were significant enough to result in a major recall of Nissan vehicles in 2007.

- Plano, TX, USA

Aug 232012

Sentra

Vehicle fails to start- battery connector replaced under warranty August 29 2013 miles 36404 same problem occurs dealership replaces same connector and battery and charges me. This same problem has recall notices on older Nissan Sentra's according to dealership but does not apply to mine. Dealer for both incidents is marshall automotive group marshallmotor.com (800) 395-0455 3500 - 3550 S 9th St I-135 & waterwell rd salina, ks 67401

- Salina, Kansas, KS, USA

Feb 022013

Sentra 4-cyl

My son was driving my car Nissan Sentra 2011 on 405 freeway in the carpool lane at about 65mph. The engine cut off. He told me that he tried to get over while the car was still coasting but the vehicle completely stopped in one of the lanes. He put on the emergency flashers and called home. He told us that the car had cut off and wouldn't start back up. He said that other cars were just flying by at fast speed. We told him and his friends to stay in the car where we felt it to be safer at the time. Then he said I am about to get hit. For minutes we did not know what was going on. The driver that hit the rear of the car let my son and 2 other people get in his car and he drove them off of the freeway. My son called the highway patrol and explained the situation. He was told that the chp would take care of it. When my husband and I arrived at the location where my son, his friends and the driver of the car that hit him were waiting, we notice a police car. The policeman said he just saw them there and came over. When chp finally came over to where we were waiting, the chp officers explained to us that the vehicle was hit a second time and that two people were carried in an ambulance to the hospital. The vehicle was put on a tow truck and brought over to where we were all waiting. The rear of the car was totally smashed. There was no longer a back seat or trunk. When my son saw the car he was glad that they had gotten out of the car because one of his friends would have gotten smashed up if they had stayed in the car. By the way, the car was not out of gas because I filled the tank up with gas myself the previous day.

- Ontario, CA, USA

Sep 042012

Sentra

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, she was advised by a passing driver that the vehicle was on fire from under the hood and to exit immediately. The contact and a passenger were able to exit the vehicle just as the vehicle exploded. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The cause of the fire was unknown. The manufacturer was notified and they did not respond. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Smith, AL, USA