2011 Nissan Sentra miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Sentra:

2011 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

May 262016

Sentra

We driving out of state and when the climb started the car started to lose power and was driving only 25 miles an hour. We arrived at a dealer of Nissan and the diagnosis was that the transmission oil is heated and needed to install an additional cooling kit...my car has 112600 miles and that happens on may,26,2016.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Oct 152015

Sentra

When driving the car sometimes the vdc light comes on and the car will not go. It acts like it will not take the gas and it does not want to go. We have tried to cut the switch off but could not. We had to cut the car off and let it set for a few minutes and then start it back up and it would be fine. It has happened a couple of times and its a really scary feeling when your driving down the road and it happens. I would like to know what can be done about this and what the problem might

- Crumpler, NC, USA

Sep 072015

Sentra

When driving from a stop position the car will appear to hesitate upon acceleration. Some hesitations are longer than others. It's scary as if the car doesn't want to move but as of yet will then go.not sure of the problem components related to the hesitation. It is intermittent as this time and new to my possession of the car. I fear the car will at some point not go when pressing on the gas. Scary.

- American Canyon, CA, USA

Sentra

I purchased the car March 14, 2011 and the vehicle has had issues with making noises and vibrating. I return the vehicle the following week and dealership could find no problems, but referred to Nissan service. On July 29, 2011, my mother moved my car out of a fire line at approximately 20-25 mph. The gas pedal went way to the floor and she attempted to depress the brakes. At that time the pedal traveled more than 3/4 to the floor almost instantly. She did lose control of the vehicle and crushed into a tree to stop the car. She never regained the use of the brakes. I did go to the towng company and took picture where the gas pedal is still in 3/4 inch from the floor.

Apr 012011

Sentra

I have the intelligent key system with this car. I was told when I purchased this car that in order to start the car, my foot must be on the brake. You can put the car in auxiliary mode with the foot off the brake but in order to start the car the foot must be on the brake. I discovered that I was able to start my car with my foot off the brake. I took the car in for service to dealer that I purchased the car from. I was subsequently told that with my model car I could start the car with my foot off the brake. I called Nissan since I was getting conflicting information and they informed me that in fact I should not be able to start my car in this manner. They created a file regarding this problem, file #7139963, then I was told that I should take my car in to another dealer and have them look at this problem. I'm not sure if other Sentra owners are having this problem also or whether or not this could become a safety issue (which I would think it could be, especially if a young child was somehow able to start the car and put it in gear) but I figured this should be on record since all Nissan suggested was that I take it to another dealer.

- Canonsburg, PA, USA

Feb 022011

Sentra 4-cyl

The vehicle has had issues with ABS actuator making noises and vibrating. Dealership could find no problems, but referred to Nissan service bulletin. On February 2, 2011, I was traveling at approximately 20-25 mph. As I approached a red light I attempted to depress my brakes. At that time the pedal traveled more than 3/4 of the way to the floor almost instantly. There was a loud metallic clanking and grinding sound and a very strong vibration coming from under brake pedal. I almost lost control of my vehicle as it pulled to the left and almost traveled into the oncoming lane. After 2-3 seconds I regained the use of my brakes.

- Imperial, CA, USA