2012 Nissan Sentra body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Sentra:

2012 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Mar 302015

Sentra

I purchase used car from 2012 I never expect to have any car problem for at least 4 yrs, but that was not my case in 5 month of having the car it started to give me problems. The fist problem is that I had a leaking that was coming from the sun roof and the top light. I was told that the way is made it had to drain tube and they get clog. I was also told not to park my car under tree. Uh that's is kind of hard there's a lot trees in the country. I had to change the battery in about 3 months. The car when I turn it off the motor was still running. Few day after the my car would not start not even manually. I told that the ignition was not working and the anti theft system lock therefore I was not able to turn the car on. I also saw that the metal that is under the steering wheel was rusty from the leak. I research the recalls, but was not able to find any on this year. However I found the previous year had a recall and was the same issues I'm having.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Aug 252014

Sentra

On August 25, 2014 while I did escape with my life and my whole body intact, after a witness was on scene she said she her a loud pop, well that loud pop was my front left (immediate driver's side tire) and I ended up in a brick wall. Not pleased with Bridgestone, as my vehicle only had no more than 8000 miles on it, but very pleased with the vehicle and it's features.

- Westerville, OH, USA

May 182013

Sentra

Bought vehicle new, and its less than a year old now - the trunk latch breaks repeatedly leaving the trunk unable to be closed or locked. Its been serviced 3 times, with new parts issued and tested and 'fixed' each time, and same issues repeats itself. The second time it happened I counted 9 uses before the issue repeated, this most recent occurrence was about 2 weeks after new parts issued: It was used 3 times. It renders the latch by the drivers seat, the key latch and the vehicles trunk latch all useless. Has to be a recall issue.

- St. John's Canada A1b2l9, AL, USA

Jun 262013

Sentra 4-cyl

The airbags did not deploy when my husband wrecked the 2012 Nissan Sentra 6-24-13. My husband swerved to miss a deer that was in the road, hit a culvert, got air born, took out a reflector sign, and crashed into the ground. The car had +$7,000 worth of damages and the airbag did not deploy. I think there is a manufacturing issue. It got air born and hit a culvert. I think an airbag should have deployed.

- Donaldson, AR, USA

Feb 032013

Sentra 4-cyl

Vehicle was pulling out of a driveway at night, just beginning to accelerate, and struck a trailer that was not clearly noticeable (did not have clear reflectors). At 5 mph, the hood was crunched like an accordion, the airbags deployed, and the car is considered totaled. What would the consequences have been if striking something at 30, 40, or 50 mph?

- Warwick, NY, USA

Mar 012012

Sentra

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that when the brake and accelerator pedal was depressed, the vehicle would exhibit an abnormal clicking noise. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The dealer replaced the rear axle but the failure was not corrected. The contact also stated that the trunk was defective and had an open space on the left side when closed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 123 and the current mileage was 1,834.

- Philadelphia , PA, USA

May 182012

Sentra

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated the lock on the trunk of the vehicle was inoperable due to a gap near the lock. The rear suspension made a clicking noise when the brake or the accelerator pedals were depressed. There was also a grinding noise as the brake pedal was depressed preventing the contact from stopping the vehicle at a traffic light. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer who attempted to repair the vehicle; however, the failure continued to occur. The vehicle was taken to the dealer at least three times. The manufacturer was notified but offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 1,300 and the current mileage was 1,700.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Sep 012011

Sentra

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that the vehicle was parked when he noticed that mice were building nests inside of the heater vents. As a result, the blower motor failed. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and the nests were cleaned out from the vents however, mice continued to enter the vehicle and build nests inside of the heater vents. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 5.

- Rienzi, MS, USA