2012 Nissan Sentra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Sentra:

2012 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Jun 262013

Sentra

The airbags did not deploy when my husband wrecked the 2012 Nissan Sentra 6-24-13. My husband swerved to miss a deer that was in the road, hit a culvert, got air born, took out a reflector sign, and crashed into the ground. The car had +$7,000 worth of damages and the airbag did not deploy. I think there is a manufacturing issue. It got air born and hit a culvert. I think an airbag should have deployed.

- Donaldson, AR, USA

Jun 282013

Sentra

At about 1130 pm on my way home from work, approaching a intersection, I depressed the brake pedal and car seemed to increase speed and went through intersection through lawn and striking another car, total lose of control, no brakes, a real scary feeling.

- Coopersburg, PA, USA

Aug 292012

Sentra

I have the same complaints as the following: Date complaint filed: 09/05/2012 component(s): Power train, structure date of incident: 08/09/2012 NHTSA id number: 10473871 date complaint filed: 01/18/2012 component(s): Power train, service brakes, hydraulic, suspension date of incident: 01/12/2012 NHTSA id number: 10444380.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Feb 032013

Sentra 4-cyl

Vehicle was pulling out of a driveway at night, just beginning to accelerate, and struck a trailer that was not clearly noticeable (did not have clear reflectors). At 5 mph, the hood was crunched like an accordion, the airbags deployed, and the car is considered totaled. What would the consequences have been if striking something at 30, 40, or 50 mph?

- Warwick, NY, USA

Feb 162012

Sentra

The oil pressure sensor gasket faulty on the 2012 models, have had it repaired 3 times, leaks oil on top of engine, the last time lost almost all of oil. It is also something that when it first happens is not necessarily noticed by the consumer until an oil change, but the problem so far has occurred 3X and each time has gotten worse.

- Queensbury, NY, USA