6.3

2012 Nissan Sentra fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Sentra:

2012 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Mar 232013

Sentra

I purchased my Sentra new in March 2012. At that time, my gas mileage was normal, and as advertised. Within the year, I went from 30mpg average to 27. Every year since then, it has gradually gotten worse, and I am now down to 23mpg, regardless of the type or grade of gas I use. It's actually worse with premium gas. I have done all maintenance on the car on time, regular oil changes, etc. I've complained to the dealership multiple times, and they claim to find no problems with it.

- Kent, WA, USA

Mar 242014

Sentra 4-cyl

Was driving on freeway, accelerating toward 70 mph. Accelerator dropped away from under my foot, tachometer "pegged" 5000 RPM. Quick scan of instrument panel showed car was now in neutral, not drive. My hands were both on the steering wheel; I didn't touch the gearshift lever. The car shifted on its own. This started a series of problems with the transmission that continue to escalate; transmission will override braking (caused 2 accidents 2 weeks apart); on a 500-mile (1-way) business trip in July, car went into fail-safe mode 3 times - loss of power, accelerator non-functional. Car taken off the road by Nissan Corp, but no repairs done; after 49 days out of service, car was released to me, continues to exhibit transmission problems. Now the steering is extremely hard to operate, as if there's no power steering in the car. When transmission overrides brakes, it feels like the car is being pushed, then chokes down (nose of car dips), then is catapulted in the same direction (D or R); in this sequence, brakes fully applied will not stop the car. Nissan's only response is to self-protect against a lawsuit; no concern for the welfare of someone driving a car in this condition!

- San Leandro, CA, USA

Aug 292012

Sentra

I have the same complaints as the following: Date complaint filed: 09/05/2012 component(s): Power train, structure date of incident: 08/09/2012 NHTSA id number: 10473871 date complaint filed: 01/18/2012 component(s): Power train, service brakes, hydraulic, suspension date of incident: 01/12/2012 NHTSA id number: 10444380.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Apr 152013

Sentra 4-cyl

I only get 22 miles per gallon, car was estimated at 27, city mpg and 34 highway, I notified the dealer and they claim that there is nothing wrong with the car, the 22 mpg are combine city and highway. Where could I get help on this problem.

- Lynwood, CA, USA