2012 Nissan Sentra miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Sentra:

2012 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Dec 312015

I've had the car for a while, about 4 months ago the oil light cam on I figured it just meant I was running low, I've never been in accident but some how my oil line is leaking

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Feb 022016

Car left running in parking lot after getting out. My problem is different from many but there are still many like me. The car runs so quietly, which is a plus, but in my case it has happened that I leave my car and it is still running and I don't know it. I have a severe hearing loss and depend on visual clues. I wish there were some way to put a light somewhere to alert me. I worry that the next time I will leave the car in my garage still running and then never wake up the next morning from co poisoning. I am an older person and prone to forgetting to check everything before leaving the car. What can be done? this is serious! this has happened two times in the past 6 months.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Aug 262015

I have had my car for just over 2 years. I bought it used for business trips mostly. I drove it for the first time on a long distance business trip and 3 hours into trip it stopped accelerating over 70 miles an hour. This continueed the entire way to my final destination. No lights came on, no sounds or smells either. Once I was in town driving on normal roads it was fine again. Then I drove it back home, same thing happened but more extreme. I took it to the Nissan dealership in boulder Colorado. In doing so I found out that all Nissan had a warrenty recall to put in a cvt cooler part. A feature that all Nissan need to insure the possibilty of long distance travel without the transmission over heating and not accelerating properly. The dealership then informed me that it would have been covered if I had brought it in before it was over 60,000 miles. Now that it is howevr, it is my responsibility to pay over $800 for a part my car should have come with. I called Nissan noth America to find resalution, they closed the case and will not help me. I find this extremely unexceptable and dangerous. As a single 31 yr old woman, I could have been stranded in corn fields in the middle of Kansas in the dark had my transmission failed unexpectedly. I purchased this car at 40,000 miles two yrs ago, it should have had that part put in before it left the lot. I will not accept this and am hoping to find some support in getting Nissan to cover parts and labor for this issue. Please let me know your thoughts and how I should proceed from here. Thank you.

- Boulder, CO, USA

Jul 202015

When coming to a complete stop and accelarating less than 1/4 mile after stopping the vehicle lost power and I had to quickly pull to the side of the road. I turned the vehicle off after stopping and tried to start again, and it just turned over but wouldn't stay started. After about 3 minutes I turned the ac off and tried to start the vehicle again and it started. Now I am afraid that this will happen again and I have lost confidence in it's safety. My used car warranty has expired and I am not able to have the car checked. It's been about a week now and I have not had it happen again. However, now the low tire pressure light has come on and I will have to have that checked. I heard that these problems has happened other 2012 Nissan Sentra, but there is no recalled as of yet.

- Dowell, MD, USA

May 172015

I was driving and my sunroof glass shattered. No cars in front of me and nothing fell on it. The glass shattered for no reason.

- Santa Clarita, CA, USA

Nov 032014

Sentra 4-cyl

My sunroof exploded on my 2012 Nissan Sentra. It was parked in my driveway and all the sudden it just exploded. There was no reason for this to happen. No one was around it, no rocks, limbs, hail, no bad weather, or anything.

- Moultrie , GA, USA