2013 Nissan Sentra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Sentra:

2013 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Feb 272015

As I was driving my car began to jerk. I could not gain any speed and almost cause two accidents because of the way it jerked.

- Coachella, CA, USA

Jun 262013

I have also been experiencing the loud grinding noise from the rear brakes. I took the car in today for its first oil change and showed the technician the issue. I also have a problem with the A/C not cooling. There have been a couple of times while driving when the A/C starts to blow warm air for a long time and then randomly starts to cool again. Hopefully the dealership can get it fixed without causing any additional grief! the car has been driven less than 5,000 miles!

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Feb 252013

When I am stopped at a light, the car seems to creep forward when brake pedal depressed. I need to continually apply more pressure and the pedal becomes spongy. Also, I now notice that when stopped or going slow, engine fumes are coming from my air/heating vents. Don't know if its exhaust or an oil leak somewhere. Car only has 400 miles on it and I've had car since end of February 2013.

- Merrick, NY, USA

Apr 062013

I was traveling on the interstate on 4/6 headed to SC at 5 am when the car started to decelerate by itself. With the gas pedal to the floor the car would not go past 45. Then suddenly it will take off. The car does this at random and it cannot be detected on the computer according to Nissan. Friday night the car did the same thing. This time was worst and I was in traffic with people behind me. As I started to pull off from the light the car would not go past 25. I immediately put the flashers on prayed that I did not get hit from behind. I am afraid to drive the car and I am currently paying for a rental because Nissan lithia springs refused to give me a rental or loaner. I am very distressed about this car. Nissan lithia springs said they would trade me out the car but wanted to treat it as a trade. Why would I pay for two cars when my Sentra is obviously a lemon. I am otally frustrated I have a brand new car that I cannot drive and know one seems to care. The car was purchased on 3/18. Went to service 4/8 picked up 4/9 they said that it was a idle program. Returned to service 4/11 and was picked up 4/24. I took the car back on 4/26 and it is still there. I have tried contacting Nissan Consumer Affairs and they don't return phone calls or emails.

- College Park, GA, USA