2013 Nissan Sentra miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Sentra:

2013 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

May 062016

I was driving on the interstate on May 6, 2016 at the speed limit (70 mph) when I heard a loud explosion that would compare to a shotgun blast. There were no other vehicles on the road ahead of me less than 1/8 mile. I pulled over to the side of the expressway to inspect my car. The glass in the sunroof appeared to have exploded. There was no other apparent damage. I took my car to the dealership and after inspection, they said they could not determine what caused the damage and that my warranty had expired, therefore, there was nothing they could do. This caused no accident or injuries. My inside sunroof cover was in the closed position.

- Watertown, TN, USA

Aug 082015

Starting when I drove it home from dealers, the rpms go up and down all the time while driving no matter what the speed. I am taking it back to dealing next week for a check up. Is this a common complaint?

- Raton, NM, USA

Jul 252015

When the vehicle's gas gauge is indicating the fuel tank is empty, after refueling the gauge does not indicate the change. This is a fairly new car, I don't think this should be happening already! I will run out of gas, and it will be because my car isn't telling me the right amount of fuel.

- Maryville, TN, USA

Feb 232015

While driving the vehicle, the accelerator pedal can suddenly become unresponsive, causing the vehicle to lose speed and the engine to slow or nearly stall. This happens frequently when driving, at all speeds from a standing stop to highway speed. This issue sounds very similar to the recall for 908,000 Nissan vehicles for accelerator pedal problems in early 2013. I think that recall needs to be expanded to Nissan models sold in the usa. I have had the car in for service at my local Nissan dealership twice for this issue so far, and the problem has not been corrected.

- Centreville, VA, USA

Aug 242013

The morning started off with having problems with esf lght, and hand brake light even though hand brake was not applied. I tried to pull over many times, and fix lights but nothing worked. I was at a red light, then it turned green and street traffic proceededd to drive forward but a car 3 cars in front of me stopped abruptly. The car in front of me, had enough time to stop, but my Nissan Sentra hit the back of the car in front of me. I think that the car and its systems malfunctioned and I would like it investigated, because my accident could have been avoided. I am hurt from this accident, and so is the driver from the car in front of me.

- Montebello, CA, USA