2013 Nissan Sentra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Sentra:

2013 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Jun 242016

I received a recall notification regarding the front passenger seat occupant classification system(OCS) software defect requiring reprogramming to detect a passenger in order to deploy the airbag in the event of an accident, and the child restraint system(crs), in particular the seat belt bracket deformity also in the front passenger seat requiring reinforcement. On 6/24/16 I took it to a local Nissan dealer which informed me that they could not complete the recall because they did not have the required part, therefore it would have to be ordered. As a result my appointment has been set for 1 month later. I checked with another Nissan dealer closer to where I work and they also confirmed that there was no eta on when the part would be available but would place me on a waiting list and contact me when it became available.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Jun 022013

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Sentra. While driving with an occupant in the front passenger seat, the seat belt and air bag warning lights illuminated. Also, when the seat belt was fastened, the warning lights remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer six times for the failure. The mechanic stated that the sensors could not detect that the contact's wife was in the vehicle because she weighed 110 lbs. The contact felt that the vehicle was unsafe to drive. The failure mileage was 600.

- Clifton, NJ, USA

Mar 152016

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Sentra. While driving at an unknown speed and attempting to engage the brakes, the brake pedal sank to the floor. As a result, the contact crashed into another vehicle. The seat belt failed to retract. A police report was filed. The contact sustained bruises and contusions that did not require medical attention. The vehicle was towed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The failure mileage was 22,000.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Mar 012013

Purchased 2013 Nissan Sentra in late Feb 2013. Within a few weeks the passenger air bag light came on while I had my wife or my son the car. Both are around 140 pounds. I have everything reset/reprogrammed at the dealership. Worked fine for a few more weeks, then same problem. Had the recall work done. Work fine for another few weeks, then same problem. I have had this brand new car back 6 times to the dealership. They have done everyhting they know to do. I have provided videos to them each time it happens. Most recent time (#7) happened a week or so ago (no in Aug 2013). Was on about a 15 minute trip with my son in the car and the light was on the entire time. Dealership asked me to bring the car in to check the codes. Now, miraculously, there are no codes, so Nissan is telling them that nothing is wrong with my car. Meanwhile, I continue to take videos of the incidents as they happen. But, no one can help. Now in the process of demanding a new car from the dealership with no money out of my pocket since this happened very soon after buying. I doubt I'll get satisfaction. First people to be sued if I'm ever in an accident and that air bag doesn't open will be the dealership and Nissan. Do the right thing and stand behind your products and trust loyal customers who have all the proof needed!

- Adamstown, PA, USA