2014 Nissan Sentra fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Sentra:

2014 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Aug 312015

2014 Nissan Sentra sl 4 door sedan - faulty fuel gauge indicator. The fuel gauge indicator is showing less fuel that is actually in the tank I.e. there is more fuel in the tank than what the gauge indicator showing - and it getting worse. I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs that recommends taking it back to the dealer for repairs. I took it in several times and still it happening I.e. the problem still exist/not corrected. Dealer replace fuel pump but problem still exist/not corrected - and dealers giving various excuses. It is very agonizing emotionally, mentally, sleepless nights, etc. Etc. Thinking that the vehicle will run out of gas and left one stranded. Cannot tell now if the digital or manual gauge reading is correct because both are different. Ps. this gradually started in November 2014. I kept monitoring it and it getting worse, then I decided to call Nissan Consumer Affairs and took it back for repairs on August 31, 2015 - then again, September 3, 2015 - the again November 6, 2015. This is the reason for me to state "the happen date" as August 31, 2015. This is a serious problem that causes over filling and spilling of gas that can cause a fire. I believe there is a malfunction of the Nissan fuel pump and the fuel gauge indicator. I would recommend that the NHTSA speedily investigate this safety matter. After November 6, 2015 - I called and left messages for the Nissan representative that handles my case, but she never contacted me back.

- Wethersfield, CT, USA

Jun 192015

While driving 65 mph with cruise control on, the cruise control cut out and my car started slowing down. I depressed the gas pedal but the car continued to slow down to about 45 mph, then started slowly gaining speed. After work, I drove home without incident. Next day was foggy so not using cruise control. Vehicle slowed down again from 60 mph down to about 45 mph. Also got no response when depressing gas pedal. This time the traction control light on the dashboard came on. Drove home after work without incident. I had gotten the oil changed the day before the first incident happened. I had no previous problems prior to that. The issue seems to have resolved itself as the car is running fine now. If it occurs again, I'll have it checked out.

- Upham, ND, USA

Jan 082015

Sentra 4-cyl

New 2014 Nissan Sentra, purchased at Nissan dealer, hanlee's hilltop Nissan, in richmond California, in 2014, accelerated out of control on January 8, 2015 causing injury to driver and occupant. The vehicle accelerated on its own and struck into a wall with enough force to cause airbags to deploy. Owner had brought car to dealer, previous to January 8, 2015 to complain about unintended acceleration and was advised by dealer technicians, after test drive, that there was no problem with the vehicle's acceleration. Passenger required hospitalization and suffered broken bones to wrist and vertebrae. Driver, so far, appears to have suffered soft tissue injuries.

- San Franciso, CA, USA