8.6

2. replace transmission (1 reports)
2014 Nissan Sentra transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Sentra:

2014 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Sep 092016

Sentra

I purchased the car in August and around Sept I started having issues with the car. It would jerk while sitting at a light. Slow to take off from a stop and always seemed like it was about to cut off. A few times the car cut off while I was driving. No lights were on and no leaks of any fluids. I contacted the dealer and was directed to take the car to Nissan. Took it in and they reset the computer saying it should be ok. Well about two weeks later I started having the same vibration and the car cut off a couple times again. The next instance while in reverse and driving up the street the car cut off. I took the car in that day complaining of the same problems. He asked me a million questions. I told him keep until you find out what's wrong. They called the next day to tell me I needed an transmission!!! So pissed and upset, his response was you do have a loaner!

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Dec 282016

• CVT transmission

I drive a 2014 Nissan Sentra that I bought on 8/12/2015 at Kia Car Pros in Carson, Certified Used. The car has been running fine but in May of 2016 my battery started having issues, dying randomly, which makes no sense because the battery has a 5 year warranty and the car is only 2 years old. I replaced the battery and haven't had issues since. Now it is 12/29/16. On 12/27, I noticed my car started to violently jerk and vibrate and made horrible sounds. The RPMs were going from 1-8 and flopping all over the place. I pulled my car into my driveway and the first thing I did was check the oil. It still had oil but it was low so I added a few more quarts and let my engine run for a few minutes and then left my car overnight. The next day I started it up and began driving it, it started FREAKING OUT AGAIN so I drove it to a nearby auto shop. Mind you, THERE ARE NO WARNING LIGHTS BEING DISPLAYED. Even when I took it to the auto shop, there were no warning lights displayed. His initial thought was that it was an electrical issue because of this. Once they checked out the engine, he saw it was a CVT and had it towed the dealer for repair. Fortunately I purchased an extended warranty when I purchased the car, because the factory warranty ran out at 60K miles. My odometer reads 61K. Long story short they are going to replace the transmission .... but I have read HUNDREDS of similar stories about issues with the CVT Transmission. Its a BITCH to replace, even more expensive then a normal transmission because of its "sleek design" and supposed improved efficiency. I know the price of these cars seems worth it but DO NOT BUY ONE, because Nissan is aware of these issues and still have not recalled the vehicle.

- , Gardena, CA, USA

Sep 012016

• CVT transmission

cvt not seamless shifting as it should be

THIS WOULD BE A NICE CAR IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DRIVE IT. "SHIFTING' which I know it does not have gears makes for a terrible driving experience, The Nissan blog says it should be seamless "shifting" which is not the case. If it would work like they advertise I would like the car.

- , Niles, MI, USA

May 252015

Sentra SR V4

This car has a really poor CVT response....When you take off in the light or stop sign, the response is really slow and you have to keep your foot on the gas to get power to take off or get velocity.

- , Raleigh, NC, USA

Dec 162015

Sentra Sentra 1.8L

This car has poor take off when you come to a stop. It's very sluggish. I tried higher octane gas. There is a serious problem. I hate I bought this car.

- , Lithonia, GA, USA

Jun 252015

Sentra SR

Brought in my 2014 Sentra SR because of the recall issue with the CVT chip issue thinking that it would fix the awful vibrating feel when the car slows down and accelerates again and they actually made it worse. Called up the dealer service department and they told me that all they did was reprogram the CVT and not touch the vehicle to bring it back in. After reading about it seems like this is a common problem. I just hope they don't blame it on my miles (97k) they are all hwy and cruise control. I will post the outcome as soon as I get back from the dealer.

- , Naples, FL, USA

Apr 032015

Sentra SV 1.8L

• CVT transmission

From day one this CVT was not like the other CVT's I've owned. Had a Cube and a Quest. This CVT is garbage. First road trip and got stuck in stop and go traffic. Car stopped, give it gas... wait for it... WHAM! engaged. Felt like getting rear ended. Happened for the first 1000 so miles of ownership in stop and go traffic. Mentioned it to dealership, said it was "normal" and "they all do that". Talked to other Sentra owners and they too have the same problem. Told it's "normal". Took it to Dealer. Could not duplicate. Unable to determine repair. Said if it got worse they would replace the transmission when the mileage was closer to 36k. Traded car in for 2015 Altima.

- , El Cajon, CA, USA