2015 Nissan Sentra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Sentra:

2015 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Feb 232016

After driving the car one evening the engine spontaneously caught a fire. The fire deptartment said it started from some problem in the engine. In addition we notice the heat of the fire did not deploy the driver and passenger side air-bags. Normally in many cases of car fires the fire will deploy the emergency air-bags and cause the car alarm to sound this did not happen with my incident.

- West Hempstead, NY, USA

Aug 082016

I had my oil changed @ Nissan of grapevine & they took my car through the car wash with the windows down. Drenching & damaging the inside of the car, seats, floor board, electronics all got wet & no one ever informed me, they tried to cover it up by drying as much of the inside. It was only when we sat in the car & put my purse on the floor board that we realized it. Water was seeping out of the door handles inside the cup holders & arm rest, dashboard, etc. I immediately contacted the service dept. I spoke with asst mgr brett, I also took the car right back to the dealership & there showed the service mgr mark topham how water was pouring out of the bottom of the seats, and throughout the car. The screen on the radio was very dim & the seatbelt light kept flickering on & off, the airbag issue. Mark stuck he apologized & said they will make this right. I also spoke with sam street, sales mgr, who agreed, that they did serious damage to my car & said he would be speaking to owner Mr. Johnny cantrell about a new vehicle replacement & have johnny contact me directly. I left the car there & took aa rental car. I received a call from mgr mark topham, next day advising me, that all they are going to do is replace the seat belt because they can't get the seatbelt light to quit flashing & replace the inside bottom cushion of one of the front seat. I advised mark, that they destroyed my new car by water damage & they owe me a new vehicle replacement, especially because they tried to hide the fact & never disclosed it or changed the oil to begin with. He said he would let the owner johnny cantrell know & have him call me. I never received a phone call from the owner johnny cantrell, nor is the company willing to make right what they did wrong. I need help in resolving this issue, please!!!! this should be illegal!!!

- North Richland Hills, TX, USA

Jan 112016

Driver seat belt warning indicator remains illuminated on dash despite seat belt being properly engaged both during use and nwhile parked.. removal and reconnection of seatblet does not correct issue. All electrical connections on bottom of driver seat appear intact.

- Florence, KY, USA