3.9

2004 Nissan Titan body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Titan:

2004 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

May 052016

Titan

I noticed in may, 2016 that a paint spot about the size of a quarter on top of my right front fender was missing. I have noticed that my paint seems to be chipping along the edges. When I was loading up my truck this weekend, I noticed that the paint on my roof is chipping all along the rain gutters on both sides.

- Greeley, CO, USA

Apr 012015

Titan

Clear coat is coming off the hood and top of the cab.

- Orange, CA, USA

Nov 172009

Titan

I've been having problems with a leak in the roof. I always noticed a damp musty smell after it rained but never found anything other than rear sliding window was damp until after a heavy rain I made a sharp left and caught out of the corner of my eye water flying out of the sliding window track. I've tried looking to see where it was coming from but can't find the exact location. Let me point out I never use the rear window. After months and yrs of frustration I siliconed the entire rear window and took off brake light and did that too but still getting water. I've read online its very common problem with no remedy yet.

- Wall, NJ, USA

Jul 022005

Titan 8-cyl

Poor build and engineering quality of truck. Multiple, unresolved problems. Faulty brakes, ac, structure create many issues. Multiple rattles, squeaks, vibration at speed etc. Wind noise from windows. Door won't open intermittently. Mirrors vibrate to point of uselessness. Found 2 impact sockets when I brought it home, sockets were on bolts that were not tightened down... makes me wonder how much in the structure and suspension has not been properly tightened. 9 dealer visits in 9 months. Tailgate rubs on body, bed rusting, in Arizona!!! lemon!

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Dec 012004

Titan 4WD 8-cyl

The spray-in truck bed liner has already begun to discolor. It was originally black, but has begun to turn white in less that 3 months of owning the vehicle. Dealer said this is a known problem, but they are doing nothing about it. Nissan gave me the same response.

- Yorktown, VA, USA

Oct 122004

Titan 4WD 8-cyl

Water leak on front floorboards.floorboard soked with water.dealer advises leak was evaporation draintube,1.5 inches of half inch id hose added to evaporation tube and reinstalled gutter.rechecked, no further signs of leaks detected advised the dealer. This did not fix the problem /11-30 -04 3rd time back for this problem.

- Hiram, GA, USA