7.0

1. had to be replaced (2 reports)
  2. replaced radiator myself (2 reports)
2004 Nissan Titan cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Titan:

2004 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

May 102012

Titan LS 5.6L V8

Had radiator repaired then started leaking again in the same spot so I replaced with aftermarket.

- , Trenton, SC, USA

Jul 202010

Titan SE 4x4 5.6L

I purchased the truck new in Dec 2003. I use the truck as a truck but it's no abused or neglected. A friend of mine noticed a small amount of anti freeze where I had my truck parked and called me as I was leaving church. I had not left the parking lot. I looked under it to figure out where it was leaking and was unable to find any location. I attempted to go home and check it and made it about 10 yards and the dash board lit up. I let the engine cool off and then filled the system with anti freeze and drove it to a merchant tire shop 2 blocks way and had it repaired. The truck is not driven hard and I believe that over all the titan is a good vehicle and I like it a lot but this did disappoint me some what. I ended up taking it to a nissan dealership cause the transmission was slipping which cost me some additional cash to have the tranny flushed and refilled.

- , Havelock, NC, USA

Jun 012010

Titan SE 5.6L

COME TO FIND OUT THE GUY THAT REPLACED IT TOLD ME AND IT'S JUST A SMALL RADIATOR SHOP BEHIND HIS HOUSE. SAID HE KEEPS ABOUT 20 RADIATORS ON HAND BECAUSE SO MANY TITANS COME THRU THERE AND EVERYONE HAS THE SAME EXACT LEAK AND HAVE BETWEEN 80000 AND 100000 MILES ON THEM. NISSAN DECIDED THEY WOULD REPLACE OR REIMBURSE THE MODELS I BELIEVE 05 AND NEWER. ASKED THEM ABOUT IT AND THEY SAID THAT IS ALL THEY ARE REQUIRED TO COVER ACCORDING TO THE NTSB. I DIDN'T KNOW RADIATORS WERE PART OF SCHEDULED REPLACEMENT ON ANY VEHICLE.

- , Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Jul 022010

Titan LE 5.6L V8

Noticed that I was leaving puddles of coolant when parked, and smelled antifreeze. Found the leak from a cracked plastic tank on the radiator. Found a radiator online and installed myself. Unbelievable that a radiator would crack and leak with less than 100k miles.

- , Albuquerque, NM, USA