2005 Nissan Titan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Titan:

2005 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Jun 152015

The truck stalled out no power had to crash into shoulder of road and embankment. Glad we survived the bumpy crash, I just had suspension work done that saved us. We read the ipdm board or ECM relay is bad and causes this stalling to happen. Part number for ECM relay 284B7-CW29.

- Granada Hills , CA, USA

Jul 012014

Rear passenger side axle began to leak and fluid went onto brakes.

- Four Oaks, NC, USA

Feb 012013

I am an a.S.E. certified technician, and have discovered the rear axle seals on both sides of the vehicle are leaking, in which can cause fluid to be slung on to brake linings, also if too much leaks can lead to differential lock up.

- Buena Park , CA, USA

Aug 092013

Titan 8-cyl

While moving forward from park, the rear tires locked up. I reversed and then moved forward to try to free the tires. The emergency brake was off. It took several times of shifting gears before the vehicle would move freely. I researched the internet and found several other Titan owners had the same problem. They traced the cause to the rear emergency brake pads dislodging from the hub and becoming lodged in the rear rotor. My mechanic removed the rear rotor on the right side and the emergency brake pads fell out. The left side pads were still mounted but with one poke with a screwdriver, the pads fell out. One youtube video shows a Titan with this problem but additionally the brake pad broke the rear caliper bracket.

- Finskburg, MD, USA

Dec 012012

Axle seal failure resulting in oil on the inside of both rear wheels and oil soaking rear brakes rendering rear brakes useless.

- Statesville, NC, USA

Nov 062012

Titan 8-cyl

Rear axel seal is leaking for the third time, which can compromise the rear brakes with axel fluid. Nissan made the first repair at 30,000 miles under warranty. I paid for parts and made repairs myself the second time. Now at the third I have contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs, and they have refused, with no explanation, to help with this repair, even though they issued an internal service bulletin in 2010, to replace the complete axel with bearing and seal. So Nissan is aware that they have an issue with the early model Titans. I guess they are waiting for someone to be seriously injured or die before they address this issue.

- Morriston, FL, USA

Oct 142012

The emergency parking brake pads fell of the shoes inside the rear disk drum, and wedged inside causing the rear tire to lockup, for a second, and cause the truck to jerk and make a loud noise.

- Waupun, WI, USA

Sep 072012

Titan 4WD 8-cyl

The vehicle braking began to deteriorate so I checked each wheel, front and back. While inspecting the rear brake pads and rotors I noticed oil on both. Upon further inspection I noticed that the rear axle seal on both sides was leaking oil and it had gotten on the rotors and pads. I replaced both rotors and all pads on the rear, and inspected the rear axle vent which I found plugged. I installed a new vent but the rear axle seals are still leaking and need to be replaced. In doing research on the problem I found it to be common on this vehicle.

- Monkton, MD, USA