2006 Nissan Titan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Titan:

2006 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

May 302009

Titan

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Titan. While driving approximately 50 mph, the contact depressed the brake pedal but the brakes failed to engage immediately. The contact was able to stop the vehicle after a ten second wait. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact also noticed an abnormal noise and leak from the exhaust manifold. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the exhaust manifold failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Mar 222015

Titan

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Titan. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 60 mph, when the brake pedal was depressed, the brakes failed to stop the vehicle which caused the contact to crash into a side wall. A police report was filed. The contact had sustained injuries to the arms and neck which did not require medical attention. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 83,000. The VIN was unavailable. A preliminary investigation suggests the lower control link assembly may have separated casing the consumer to lose steering ability. Recall 10E019000 was referenced in the complaint. Updated 04/20/15

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Mar 112015

Titan 4WD 8-cyl

Rear end axle seals are leaking, after looking into this and several hours I found I could be caused from the axle vent not working properly, this causes the rear seals to be pushed out and fluid to leak onto the brakes, seems to be a huge problem and safety concern, I was pulling a small trailer at the time and nearly avoided a car that pulled out in front of me.

- Otterville, MO, USA

Aug 182009

Titan

Steering wheel shakes when applying brakes. A few days later a loud grinding noise in the front end. Took the 2006 Titan to service center and was told needed total front end brake job. The brake pads went thru the rotors. A few months later there was a recall on the truck for something else. Took it to the dealer for the recall and was told the front brake system had to be replaced. Two to three months after I just had it done. I told the service manager that I just had it done a few months ago. I asked to see the problem and they would not let me in to look at the problem myself. They just noted that I refused service. I took the truck back to the service station that did the work (because the dealer said it was not covered). There was nothing wrong with the brakes at that time like the dealer told me. Now 8/21/2014 at 53000 miles the front end brake system is gone again. I applied the brake and the truck would not stop. I had to go off the road so I did not hit the vehicle in front of me. I owned 6 Nissan and never has this kind of problem before. I do not understand why Nissan is waiting until someone gets killed to fix this problem. I was also told that the truck does not stop because the ABS system kicks in and does not let the truck stop suddenly when needed. As of right now I can not drive the truck until I can afford to get the brake system repaired again. The truck is not safe to drive. Wake up Nissan. Do not let someone die because of defects.

- Nanticoke, PA, USA

Apr 022014

Titan 8-cyl

ABS system engaged front brakes and pitched front end down abruptly at low speed with a load noise.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Oct 152013

Titan

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Titan. The contact stated after having NHTSA campaign I.D. numbers remedied on the vehicle 10V074000 (fuel system) and 10V517000 (engine). After the vehicle were repaired the power train was defective. The contact was unable to drive the vehicle off of the dealers parking lot. The vehicle would not move forward or in reverse. The dealer performed a diagnostic test that displayed a defect to the front brake solenoid. The contact called the manufacturer regarding the power train defect. The manufacturer stated the recall repair and the brake solenoid was unrelated. The contact did not have the solenoid repaired. The failure mileage was 122,000.

- Albrightsville, PA, USA

Aug 282013

Titan

I own a 2006 Nissan Titan with 47000 miles. Partial VIN "1N6ba07A0" while taking it to the local midas shop for an oil change. The mechanic pointed out a leak on left rear axle seal. They quoted me with $350 to replace the seal. However they also suggested to have the dealership attempt to replace under a recall/ warranty... the dealership quoted $1900 to replace the whole rear axle under the guidance from their technicians and it being over the manufactures warranty and/or no recall. This sounds like a ripoff. Here is a quote I found on the club Titan forum site. www.clubtitan.org/forums/archive/index.php/T-32631.html "left rear axle seal blew out and leaked differential fluid. Differential fluid leaking on rear brake rotors which could cause brake failure, which was a major safety concern to me. At time of failure at 8000 miles no suspension modifications had been done to vehicle. Also, the rear differential oil will slowly leak and cause the rear differential to lose fluid and fail. Nissan replaced spacer axle (43070-7S200), bearing (40210-7S210), and seal (43252-7S200). As this seemed to be a very common problem with the Nissan Titan, Nissan should address this issue and offer a permanent fix so weould not be faced with the safety issue in the future."

- Fort Huachuca, AZ, USA

Jun 012011

Titan 4WD 8-cyl

2006 Nissan Titan 4X4 currently with 80,200 miles. Left and right rear axle oil leak. At approximately 65000 miles, during a transmission oil change at a Nissan dealer, mechanic noticed the passenger rear axle was leaking. The service representative stated it would be about $500 to repair. He also stated that no recall had been issued. After having the engine oil changed on July 2012, I noticed my driver side rear axle leaking now. Several similar issues have been posted online. Nissan should push the manufacture to have this hazardous issue resolved very soon and Nissan should replace the seal at no cost or at a low discounted price.

- Huntington Park , CA, USA