2006 Nissan Titan cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Titan:

2006 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Apr 012008

My 06 Titan 4WD had just had repairs to the transmission done 2-3 days prior to the incident. My truck had been running in my driveway with the ac and radio going for some time while I was doing various cleaning and other stuff outside. I was sitting in the drivers seat cooling off with my eyes closed when my neighbor came running out screaming that my truck was on fire. When I looked at the hood flames were visible and smoke. She called the fire dept while I used the hose to extinguish the fire the best I could until the fire dept arrived. A Nissan rep investigated the fire and said it was not the company problem. Shortly later I receive the recall concerning the ac unit and that it may lead to fire. We had no insurance at the time but it was still under warranty. Is this legal?

- Houma, LA, USA