2006 Nissan Titan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Titan:

2006 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Nov 042010

Titan

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Titan. The contact was attempting to park when the vehicle abnormally accelerated and crashed into a pole. The contact stated that before the failure, she noticed that the vehicle would seem to attempt to lunge forward when stopped. There were no injuries. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 57,700 and the current mileage was 57,848.

- Coalport, PA, USA

Dec 012009

Titan

The engine accelerates on its own after lifting the accelerator for one to five seconds. This occurs regularly and has caused two vehicle to object accidents. This occurs in traffic, slow speeds, high speeds, forward, reverse, and is easily recreated. Dealer tech could not find anything wrong that would cause this issue.

- Zion, IL, USA

Jul 192008

Titan

I had an accident in my 2006 Nissan Titan in July 08. I was pulling into a parking spot when the engine roared the truck quickly moved forward and I was unable to stop the truck. The only thing that stopped the truck was a cement spindle fence. I destroyed 10 feet of fence and my insurance had to pay for the damages. I took the truck to Nissan and they checked it, but they stated they were unable to duplicate the problem, they then performed the 30000 mile maintenance for approx $600. The Nissan service person told me that I must have pushed the gas and the brake at the same time to cause the accident. I then took the truck to an open field and pushed the brake and the gas pedal at the same time and the tires just spun and the truck did not move. I tried the same thing in an empty parking lot, the tires spun and the truck did not move. I ended up getting rid of the truck because I was afraid if the truck sped forward on its own again and I could not stop it I might get hurt or killed. I believe that there is some type of defect that caused the engine to roar and cause the truck to speed forward. I filed a police/accident report with the local police.

- Edinburg, TX, USA