2.2

2006 Nissan Titan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Titan:

2006 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Jul 202016

Titan

Takata recall truck burned completely insurance company said to contact you guys for an investigation of the truck recall truck was parked in drive way then catched on fire next to building called fire department and they came and turned fire of truck was towed and the insurance company said to call U guys for damages cause its a recall on truck truck was total lost and insurance is deniing the case cause they said to contac you guys regarding the faulty truck and recall

- North Hollywood, CA, USA

Apr 012012

Titan

Both exhaust manifolds are cracked. I was under the impression that this was a recall. When I called they said it was only a warranty issue up to 80,000 miles.both were cracked well before the 80,000 mile. While waiting on the recall 80,000 has since passed. By doing some research I found that Nissan knew about the defect but did not recall fix the issues. I would thing that an exhaust manifold would need to be recalled and fixed. This could case several issues such as the possibility of exhaust fumes filling the interior, also with the extreme heat coming from the cracks could easily ignite a fire in the engine compartment.

- Ridgeley, WV, USA

Jan 032016

Titan

I drove my 2006 Nissan Titan le to mcdonald's on elk street which is like 5 miles away from my house when you got food came back to my house which is 1700 swanson drive space 43 when inside came back out radiator blew out the bottom replaced radiator and then transmission started going out electrical units relays going out replaced but still truck is acting up really bad I have replaced the radiator transmission bracket tons and tons of fluids a bunch of electrical fuses really tired of working on my truck transmission is going out and I don't feel like I should have to pay for this problem when it all occurred at one time I have this trucks financed I still owe $17,000 on it and it barely runs I would like to proceed on maybe figuring out a way to help me get a new transmission or getting a different vehicle.

- Rock Springs, WY, USA

Nov 152012

Titan 8-cyl

Sitting overnight with temperature in the 40's, when putting the automatic transmission into drive, it would keep dropping out of gear. The truck drove fine when manually shifting through the gears. Problem continued for most of a year but did not generate an error code. Finally developed an error code indicating problem in first gear of the transmission valve body with tcm. This required replacement of valve body internal to the transmission, which had been contaminated by an undetectable radiator to trans cooler leak also requiring the radiator to be replaced. I have been told this is not an uncommon problem, for which Nissan has done nothing, other than putting a special coating on bolts internal to the transmission to detect the presence of coolant. This problem can cause complete failure of the transmission. It could be easily prevent by the installation of a separate transmission cooler.

- Apopka, FL, USA

Jan 172012

Titan 8-cyl

On a recall for a faulty ECM (engine control module). The vehicle stalled and would not start again, had it towed to dealer. Nissan covered this ECM. During the repair the mechanic noted that the rear axle seals were leaking and recommended that they be repaired as soon as possible. The cost to repair was estimated at $750. While web surfing for the repair process for the seals I ran across many complaints concerning this problem with the Nissan Titan including models from 2004 to present (2012). Based on the feedback from other Titan owners, this is a common flaw with the vehicle and a costly one at that. Also this is the first time I have ever witnessed rear axle seals failing in a vehicle. Most seem to last the life time of the vehicle. I believe this is a manufacture's responsiblity due to a defective parts creating an unsafe and useless means of transportation.

- Quitman, TX, USA

Mar 082006

Titan

Recall id # 08V284000 - equipment:electrical:air conditioner recall date:Jun 27, 2008 component:equipment:electrical:air conditioner model affected:Titan units affected: 180664 recall details recall id # 10V074000 - fuel system, other:storage:fuel gauge system recall date:Mar 03, 2010 component:fuel system, other:storage:fuel gauge system model affected:Titan units affected: 340000 recall details recall id # 10V517000 - engine and engine cooling recall date:Oct 28, 2010 component:engine and engine cooling model affected:Titan units affected: 747480 recall details recall id # 10E019000 - suspension:front:control arm:lower arm recall date:May 20, 2010 component:suspension:front:control arm:lower arm model affected:Titan units affected: 1873 recall details recall id # 06V064000 - latches/locks/linkages:doors:latch recall date:Mar 08, 2006 component:latches/locks/linkages:doors:latch model affected:Titan units affected: 427 recall details recall id # 07E046000 - equipment recall date:Jul 03, 2007 component:equipment model affected:Titan units affected: 3500 recall details recall id # 06V459000 - electrical system recall date:Nov 30, 2006 component:electrical system model affected:Titan units affected: 96500 recall details I have owned the vehicle since 7/2007 and only recieved 3 of these recall letters. So of these issues are just now popping. Only 2 of the issues have been taken care of. Per the dealership I would be contacted and have not received any calls to get these matters taken care of. I feel this vehicle is unsafe since the issues have not be addressed.

- Bullhead City, AZ, USA

May 272009

Titan

I have taken this avenue due to the fact that the phone numbers they gave me on my recall notice went no where. It seemed the 2 numbers I did call were no help so I am resorting to the internet process they offered. In my notification it states that the Nissan Titan/armada's - 2005-2006 models - that the air conditioner condenser fan motor have been manufactured out of specifications, that inadequate water drainage allows moisture to build-up leading to increased temperatures in the motor which in turn could cause wiring to melt the insulation and other plastic components and ultimately result in a fire. Now there solution is to install a special protector kit to eliminate a potential fire to occur. My complaint is that if indeed these have been manufactured out of spec's then they need to be replaced not modified. I would hope that they would stand up and take responsibility and do the right thing, after all we paid a good sum of money for these vehicles and expect these items when they arrive to be handled in a professional manner, not by some rinky-dinky part installed to get them out of this problem that has risen. All I ask is that this be looked into, I'm not saying the part they wish and have already installed from my information on vehicles already wouldn't suffice but that is not what I paid for. Thank-you

- Vancouver, WA, USA