2007 Nissan Titan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Titan:

2007 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Mar 032016

On two separate occasions the left and right back axel seal started leaking oil on to the back brakes and wheels. The seals and back breaks had to be replaced booth times would not pass state inspection because oil soaked break pads breaks had reduced stopping power.

- Nanticoke, PA, USA

Mar 282015

Titan 4WD 8-cyl

Driving my 2007 Nissan truck down residential road approaching a stop sign when the brake light came on. I tried to stop at the stop sign and my brake pedal went straight to the floor and grinding noise came on similar to sound of ABS brakes when activated. I had no stopping power and went through the stop sign. Luckily there was no other vehicles coming as my wife and children were with me. This is definitely a serious safety concern and near miss. I've researched this when I got home and found 1,000 of other similar cases. When will the NHTSA take action and have Nissan fix the delta stroke sensor on these vehicles before someone gets killed?

- Houston , TX, USA

Mar 252015

I recently bought a 2007 Nissan Titan and I love the truck. I was driving along and I started smelling brakes burning, I pulled over and my rear passenger wheel was smoking. I looked on the back side and rear end dope was on the back of my wheel. The wheel seal has went out. Come to find out looks like the rear differential has been sealed up before. So, its a problem with the Nissan Titan rear end seals and differential seal. It creates a safety hazard getting on the brakes. The wheel could catch on fire.

- Ellavile, GA, USA

Mar 102014

• 7,022,014 miles

Traveling at 10 mph the vehicle went dead. No brakes, steering. Luckily I was able to run it along a curb to stop it. Due to a crack in the exhaust manifold both O2 sensors had to be replaced as well as the mass air sensor. Running up a bill of $ $1700. All due to manufactures poor assembly.

- Duluth, GA, USA

Mar 142012

Titan 8-cyl

Rear differential is leaking oil on passenger and driver sides. The oil leak has the potential to deteriorate my brakes and cause an accident.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Nov 042013

Was driving down the road at 50mph went to slow down and there where no brakes so finally I pulled I've and looked around and oil was dripping out of the axle housing almost a bad situation. Come to find out on the Nissan Titan talk forum there are many many more of these like mine this should defiantly be a recalled item very dangerous.

- Converse , TX, USA

Jun 022012

My passenger side rear axle seal is leaking. From what I have read, this is an extremely big problem on Nissan Titan's. the leak is affecting the following parts: - passenger side rear brake components - passenger side rear tire (sidewall) - entire rear axle assembly.

- Fairless Hills, PA, USA

Oct 172011

Wheel seals leaked and got onto brake pads and two axel seals had to be changed to make truck safe.

- Nanticoke, PA, USA