2008 Nissan Titan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Titan:

2008 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Jan 012014

The contact own a 2008 Nissan Titan. The contact stated that there was a odor of exhaust fumes coming from the vehicle. In addition, the exhaust manifold was fractured. The vehicle was taken to be repaired but the failure recurred. The details of the repairs were unknown. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 169,237.

- Misson Viejo, CA, USA

Jun 212010

Titan 8-cyl

My vehicle was recalled I believe in May 2010 for a faulty fuel sending unit. I brought it in to the dealer to be checked and also requested that they check the horn and backup alarm which were still under warranty and did not seem to work at all times. They checked it over and said they would order parts and I would need another appointment. When I brought it back they replaced a horn relay but nothing else. The service manager told me they would have to order the fuel unit and would call me when it came in. He said the backup alarm seemed fine. After about a month I called and asked if they had forgotten about me, and was told by the service manager that the sending units come from Japan and are made as ordered so it could take a while. I thought this was strange since under the recall they should be stocking the part but I accepted his explanation. I may have called one more time to check the status but never heard back from the dealer. The gauge seemed to be working so I thought I would live with it. In January of 2013 my truck ran out of gas even though the gauge showed I was over one quarter full. I notified Nissan of this incident and was contacted very quickly. The representative I spoke with should have been fixed and I should take the vehicle to the local Nissan dealer. I informed him that I had more than once and the issue was never corrected so I did not feel I could go there and requested an independent mechanic resolve the issue. The representative told me it had to be replace by an authorized service provider but did offer to have another dealer take care of the problem. I spoke with the dealer but he was unable to provide the service. I contacted Nissan and was then told the original dealer was going to take care of the issue. I have never heard back from either of them. Do I have a right to get this recall issue and the warranty issue resolved?

- Oshkosh, WI, USA

Jan 212013

Titan 4WD 8-cyl

Nissan Titan fuel line cover made from soy material. Rodent and small animals are attracted to the soy material and chew through the line, causing fuel fumes or fuel to leak. This is a potential fire hazard. Nissan refuse to acknowledge or fix the issue. After contacting Nissan, Nissan advises customers to replace part and cost themselves, part is replaced with same material causing the same problem. Part is not just a fuel line, it is a whole fuel tank system as line is connected to the tank system. Some Nissan Titan owners have had to replace the fuel tank system more than once, because of the same problem repeating itself. When taking the vehicle to Nissan dealer for diagnostic treatment, Nissan trained mechanics acknowledge issue and admit it is an on going problem. If the dealership know about this issue, why is Nissan corporation not taking responsibility for a problem that is not a customers fault but an issue that started from the vehicle manufacture part at assembly, it is a Nissan problem. This is not a vehicle usage problem, it is not a vehicle maintenance issue, it is a part/assembly issue by the Nissan company. A simple online research for this issue has brought up numerous findings for Nissan Titan owners having the same issue. Vehicles carry static electricity, it takes one spark or stopping the vehicle over one carelessly discarded cigarette for any Nissan Titan to catch fire. Nissan should take concern into resolving this matter and protect their Nissan drivers from driving basically a potential accident/death machine waiting to happen.

- Fort Leonard Wood, MO, USA