2.4

2009 Nissan Titan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Titan:

2009 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Sep 122015

Titan

Started as a metal dragging noise under the vehicle.. I immediately took the car in to my garage for repair.. they found the the passenger emergency brake drum had decintagrated and welded itself to rear brakes.. also drivers side was also damaged.. garage replaced the total rear brake assembly do to the damage for fear that I was at a high risk for a crash..

- Levittown , PA, USA

Jun 022014

Titan

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Titan. The contact stated while driving down a hill at approximately 45 mph the vehicle failed to decelerate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Shepard , TX, USA

Jul 152013

Titan 4WD 8-cyl

In July 2013, I noticed a loud squealing noise coming from the rear wheel while driving. When I got home I took the wheel off and it was noted that the parking brake pad on the drivers side had separated from the brake shoe itself. There were big chunks of brake pad stuck in the wheel. The pieces were removed and placed in a bag. I brought the pieces to my local dealer on the next oil change and inquired why this happened. The service rep said that this type of thing happened more often than you would think. In January 2014, I kept hearing a thumping noise coming from my passengers side rear wheel. I wrote to Nissan about the parts quality and safety concerns I had and they wanted the vehicle inspected by a certified Nissan dealer to establish the cause of the problem and whether it was a covered part. On the way to the dealer, something shifted in my rear wheel on the passengers side causing a loud grinding noise. The approx. Speed was 25 mph. When the service tech at the dealer pulled the wheel off, he found the parking brake pads to be separated from the brake shoes. The pads became entangled in the wheel causing further damage. The truck required new brake shoes, adjuster assemblies, spring set, and toggle lever. Nissan ultimately declined to accept responsibility for the repair. I feel this is a major safety issue. The parts are not wearing out like they should, they are failing while the vehicle is in motion and could potentially cause an accident. Also, while the vehicle was being serviced, the tech pointed out that the exhaust flange that connects my tailpipe to the muffler had rotted out. I happened to notice that there is a current complaint(id#10485804) on the NHTSA website. A decent part of the exhaust system would need to be replaced in order to replace this part. This appears to be a design flaw.

- Oakdale, CT, USA