2008 Nissan Versa brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Versa:

2008 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Jul 312015

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. While driving at low speeds, the accelerator pedal was depressed and failed to respond without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer but was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred. The vehicle was then taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the brake light switch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 45,000.

- Horseshoe, NC, USA

Jan 262015

Versa 4-cyl

On January 26, 2015, I was traveling on the highway to take my daughter to school when a driver at least 2 car distances in front of me came to an abrupt stop which caused me to put on my brakes so that I will have enough time to stop at a good enough distance so that I do not hit them. However, after doing so my car kept sliding and I was unable to do anything and the car still hit the driver in front of me. We all left the scene in an ambulance. I do not know the status of the other driver, but I am suffering from severe back pain, some neck pain and I have headaches. This issue needs to be checked before someone ends of dying. I am glad that no one was killed in this accident.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 282014

Versa 4-cyl

Car is having trouble backing up. Brakes are squealing.

- Mooringsport, LA, USA

Jul 282014

Versa 4-cyl

Car is having trouble backing up. Brakes are squealing.

- Mooringsport, LA, USA

Jul 092013

While I was driving on the 10 freeway headed East near downtown los angeles, my car's brakes suddenly did not respond, causing me to hit the car in front of me. Before the incident the car's brakes worked fine and after the incident they functioned normally. I tried multiple ways to get the brakes to "bite" but always got a dead pedal and never got the car to stop until I hit the car in front of me at around 20 mph. This car has some flaws on it that should be looked at including the brake pedal, which does not respond very well to driver input, the lazy transmission, which hesitates too much and dealers refuse to fix, the ignition/starter, the flimsy body that looks like it was made out of the same material as toys and its axles that can't stand extensive city driving.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA