4.6

2008 Nissan Versa engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Versa:

2008 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Jul 142015

Versa

My friend had my vehicle. She had just made it home from work. She lives less than 10 minutes from her job. She said when she made it home she went into the apartment to change into a bathing suit and someone knocked on the door saying that there is a little black car smoking. She went outside and flames were coming out of the engine compartment. They all called 911. The firefighters put out the fire and they told her that it is a motor malfunction because it was parked and with no sort of overheating issue. Updated 09/15/15

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Oct 262014

Versa

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. The contact stated while driving approximately 20 mph, smoke started to emit from the front end of the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to a mechanic. However, the failure was not diagnosed nor was the vehicle repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Anchorage, AK, USA

Jul 282014

Versa 4-cyl

Car is having trouble backing up. Brakes are squealing.

- Mooringsport, LA, USA

Jul 282014

Versa 4-cyl

Car is having trouble backing up. Brakes are squealing.

- Mooringsport, LA, USA

Nov 042012

Versa 4-cyl

I was driving my vehicle just turning the corner when my vehicle stopped running. I noticed smoke coming out from under the hood. I open the hood and saw my engine was on fire. The battery area was fully enfulfed in flames, there were other areas of fire in the engine area, but I did not stay there to examine the situation. I immediately dropped the hood and ran to safety to call 911. My vehicle was properly maintained by downtown nashville Nissan dealership. I reported this incident to them and to Nissan North America, neither of which will take any responsibility. This is a serious situation. There should have been no reason for my vehicle to have burst into flames while driving it.

- Nashville, TN, USA