2008 Nissan Versa seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Versa:

2008 Nissan Versa Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 012016

Versa

Nissan dealer "clay cooley" austin tx has not responded to request for airbag recall NHTSA recall 16V-349. I have been waiting for 4 months for replacement parts.

- Austin, TX, USA

Versa

I received a preliminary recall notice in July 2016, and the dealer states they have no idea when replacement parts will be available. I think is too much burden to place on an unsuspecting customer.I do not have the use of the front passenger seat in a small car!Nissan hads last all credibility and ai will never purchase one, nor advise anyone to do so. The NHTSA should force the firm to find replacement parts rather than stall until no cars are left to repair.

- Collettsville, NC, USA

Jun 132016

Versa

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags). The part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Geismar, LA, USA

Oct 242016

Versa

The contact owned a 2008 Nissan Versa. While driving 30 mph approaching a red light, the brake pedal was depressed, but failed to stop the vehicle. The contact rear ended another vehicle. The driver side air bag deployed. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic, but the cause of the failure could not be determined. The vehicle was destroyed. The contact stated that there were fragments inside the rear of the vehicle. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 109,000.

- Laurel, MD, USA

May 132016

Versa

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Browns Mills, NJ, USA

Oct 202016

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Duluth, GA, USA

Sep 102016

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 242016

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Concorde, VA, USA

Jul 252016

Versa 4-cyl

I received a safety recall notice from Nissan explaining the following: "continued exposure to areas with high levels of absolute humidity may cause the front passenger air bag inflator housing to rupture and deploy abnormally resulting in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants causing serious injury or death." When I called Nissan in July 2016 they said they would be receiving the parts to fix the problem by either September or October 2016. I called Nissan again on October 17, 2016 they said they will not have the parts until December 2016. I have not received any follow-up notice of any kind and if I had not called Nissan on the 17th of October, they would not have notified me to let me know that the parts will now not be in until December 2016. I would like better communication and more updates from Nissan while this issue is resolved since I now cannot allow anyone to sit in the front passenger seat and it is an extreme inconvenience for me since I need to have that seat available for my family.

- Winter Springs, FL, USA

- Mims, FL, USA

Oct 052016

- Columbia Heights, MN, USA

Jan 052016

Versa

I was in an automobile accident. I was braking, almost at a stop or moving at 2 mph when a vehicle collided with the right front fender and door of my 2008 Nissan Versa with the front end of his vehicle. The airbag on the driver's side of my Nissan Versa deployed and a piece of metal struck my sternum fracturing same. I also had two hematomas on my right breast as a result of the metal striking my chest with extreme force.. the accident occurred at an intersection of two city streets, not highways. I was traveling straight going West and the other vehicle was traveling straight going South. The other vehicle's speed was approximately 25 to 30 mph. The airbag in the 2008 Nissan Versa deployed with such force that the metal piece was exposed and that is what caused my injuries. I noticed a recall on the 2008 Nissan Versa, dated March of 2016, for the front takata airbags..updated 10/13/16

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

May 242016

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Zephyerhills, FL, USA

Versa

Takata recall. Why is this taking so long? I cannot take my family anywhere in one vehicle. This is our family car and I cannot live with myself if I have a family member sitting in the front seat. I live in augusta, ga. Humidity is life here and I am so upset that this is taking so long and I feel like I will be hurt every time I get into my car. I worked hard for this vehicle and cannot use it for the sole purpose that I purchased it for. This is not right.

- Martinez, GA, USA

Sep 192016

Versa

All the airbags not working as indicated lights flashing! recall states passenger airbag could explode causing metal fragments resulting in injury even death. Was informed by Nissan san francisco dealer that there is no fix for the airbag problem yet and they're not responsible for my anything to do with airbags not engaged except for the recall and that there is no fix for currently for the safety recall. In addition, when buying new tire sand getting a wheel alignment, I've been informed that all 4 of my struts are bent and suspension is off as a result.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Sep 162016

Versa

"takata recall" - I received the recall notice in the mail from Nissan in July 2016. Just recently (September 2016) we contacted our local Nissan service department to check on the status of the parts needed to perform the recall and they told us that the parts are available and scheduled an appointment for us to come in. My wife took the car in for the scheduled appointment and while she waited one of the workers came out and said they can't do the work because they got a notice from Nissan corporate saying to only fix cars that are registered in Florida, usa. I called Nissan direct to complain. A case number was opened and I was told someone from corporate would contact me in a few days. That hasn't happened yet. Now I am forced to not allow anyone to ride in the passenger seat, when this is our only vehicle and we regularly need all 5 seats for the volunteer work that we do. If this part does not need replaced, then I want a written notice from Nissan saying that the car is safe to drive at full capacity, or a replacement vehicle needs to offered. This is unacceptable.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags) in July of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Flemington, NJ, USA

Aug 012016

- Bel Air, MD, USA

Jul 222016

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- San Fransico, CA, USA

Jun 082016

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Madisonville, KY, USA