2.9

2010 Nissan Versa engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Versa:

2010 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

May 012015

Versa

When accelerator pedal does not always get car moving. There is hesitation. At a stop, put pressure on accelerator pedal, car doesn't move, but then will engage after a some seconds, and jump forward. I've been at a stop either stop sign or red light and if on a hill, will roll backwards because I cannot get any acceleration in car. When driving on highway, will sometimes stall out, but will then pick up acceleration.

- Little Compton, RI, USA

Nov 082013

Versa

There was no actual accident, but I am extremely concerned. On November 8th I was just starting on the highway, so not even at speed limit, when I felt that pressing on the accelerator it hesitated. I noticed it a few more times and then the service engine light came on. I took it to the dealership and they said to return a week later for the earliest service appointment, but that it was safe to drive. Once in for servicing, I was notified that it would need a new fuel pump because there was a leak. I spoke to another company and they said it seemed odd that for such a new car, it would need a new fuel pump. They also said that having my speed affected was very dangerous. My car is a little over 75,000 miles. I am unsure what to do in such a situation and feel that for safety reasons this should be investigated, especially having read of other such issues with Nissan Versas online.

- Ramsey, NJ, USA

Sep 012010

Versa 4-cyl

2010 Nissan Versa. Consumer states unintended acceleration the consumer stated he experienced engine acceleration while his foot was on the brake. The consumer stated he shifted the gear to neutral and the engine ran at an unusually high RPM for about 10 seconds before returning to its normal 1000 RPM. The second time the incident happened, the consumer was attempting to merge with the traffic from a parallel parking spot and while holding the foot brake, he felt the engine straining until he shifted the gear to neutral which allowed the engine to accelerate briefly and then it returned to normal. Finally, two weeks ago, when the consumer shifted from park to drive, the engine revved up and when he shifted back to neutral the RPM's rose to over 3,000 before settling back to normal.

- Huntersville, NC, USA