2010 Nissan Versa seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Versa:

2010 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Versa

Takata recall - my chief complaint is that I have so many recall notices for both my Nissan vehicles this one went unnoticed for several weeks. I live in a high humidity area so I assume we are at risk. The recall notice should have included a voucher for a rental. This should be the law. I think it is absurd that I have a car that seats 4-5, but now I can only ride 3. we carpool several girls to school, so this has been a major inconvenience. The Nissan corporation and the dealer (bill hood) agreed to provide a rental. Then they argued (through me) about who was going to pay for it. Several weeks went by as they bickered. Finally they could not agree to pay for a rental said "never mind." I was appalled at the delay, the games they played, then the final decision to not supply a rental after they promised they would. I feel this was a tactic to delay things until they got the parts "at the end of September". yet here we are in November with no fix in sight. This has been quite a hardship due to our carpool situation. I also think it is rediculous that the info about "death or serious injury" was not in bold print on the card, like other info was. When I mentioned this to the Nissan rep (summer was her name), she said "the card says what?" she had no clue of what the recall card stated. Nissan's help, or lack there of, was laughable. Please help us get a rental (paid for by the offending company or dealer) or the parts we need. I paid for a car that seats 4. thanks! (*unhappy Nissan owning family)

- Ponchatoula, LA, USA

Oct 302016

Versa

It has been over 5 months since the recall was announced. Nissan dealer says that they do not have parts. In the meantime we are asked not to allow anyone to ride in the front seat. This is extremely inconvenient. Also, I do not think I can even sell the car before this recall is complete. NHTSA recall number: 16V-349. Recall date: May 23, 2016. Manufacturer recall number: PM656. We contacted Nissan of walnut creek regarding this.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Jun 302016

Versa

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Oct 122016

Versa

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Versa. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V349000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jun 102016

The light is flashing

- Brunswick, GA, USA

May 272016

Versa

Air bag recall and could not check VIN to see if recall was for my make model and year to see if it can be repaired if it is affected not a cover up so they do not have to fix it.

- Oak Harbor, WA, USA

Mar 252016

Versa

Takata recall, my vehicle wasn't in the recall list but it should be. I was in an accident and my passenger side airbag where I was sitting did not deploy. I suffered a concussion, cervical strain and other injuries from the airbag not deploying. Police report number is: A16-00409, ingham county sheriff- delhi township was at the scene.

- Lansing, MI, USA

Mar 052016

Versa

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that after the vehicle was started, the driver side air bag off warning light illuminated while the seat was occupied. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the spiral cable assembly and the clock spring needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 51,259.

- Parma, OH, USA

Jun 102015

Versa

I moved my passenger seat back as far as it would go and my airbag light came on and has been on for months. I have moved the seat back and forth and it is still on. Not sure why moving my seat to the far back position would cause my airbag light to come on. It really concerns me.

- Quaker City, OH, USA

May 012015

Versa

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Versa. While driving 35 mph and depressing the brake pedal, the vehicle failed to respond. The vehicle drifted forward and crashed into a wall. The air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was towed to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Worcesper, MA, USA

Jun 222014

Versa

The contact owned a 2010 Nissan Versa. While traveling approximately 45 mph, a deer crossed the contact's path and impacted the front driver side of the vehicle, causing a crash. The front driver and passenger side air bags failed to deploy. The driver sustained injuries to both arms and the face. The passenger sustained injuries to the left hand and neck. The front passenger sustained injuries to the neck and back. All required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 110,000.

- Ferridy, LA, USA

Nov 122014

Versa

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that when the vehicle was started, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. However, the vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 73,001. The VIN was not available.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Aug 152012

Versa

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 30 mph over a pothole, the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis. The mechanic informed that the front passenger's seat needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Feb 122014

Versa 4-cyl

Driving in snowy/icy conditions. Vehicle started angle towards oncoming vehicle (large power company bucket/boom truck). The trucks driver (there were more than one) saw me coming at him. The truck moved to the side of the road to avoid me. I collided into the driver corner of the large truck head-on. Bumper went into the engine. Tail-end of my vehicle swung around to meet his driver side with my passenger side. When my vehicle broke loose from the bumper, the whole front end came off and part of the engine came out. Once I collided with my passenger side, I spun around hitting the rear of my vehicle as well. I slid back across the road as I was spinning into a small area near a fence. That is where the vehicle stopped. I had to be cut out of the vehicle. Now.... after all this; the only air bag that blew was the curtain bag on the passenger side. The driver curtain airbag, the airbag in the steering wheel nor the passenger airbag in the dash did not go off. I have suffered body(physical and mental) damage from this accident. I feel that since I hit head-on, the driver airbag should have deployed. I do believe this is a defect that Nissan does not want to admit to.

- Amarillo, TX, USA